Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

how to restore old backups from samsung cloud (not latest one)

(Topic created on: 16-08-2017 07:07 PM)
ibojan
Student
Options

HELP!!!!!

I have set up automatic backup of all data from my S8+ to Samsung cloud and used it for a month or so without problems, including backup of contacts which were stored on SIM card. Eventually, my SIM card (with all the stored contacts) broke and I had to replace it with new one (in the same phone). Unfortunatelly, I have accidentally created a backup to Samsung cloud when new SIM card with no contacts was already in the phone, before I have restored data from the cloud, and now I have lost all my contacts. 

Is there any possible way to get to old back ups in Samsung cloud (not latest one - this one includes no contacts)? I am sure that every back up before replacing SIM card had included contacts. Or maybe there is some other way to restore lost contacts (accept data recovery software - I have tried that with no success)?

I would really appreciate any info on this matter - I have spent hours browsing internet for a solution with no success

32 REPLIES 32
S7memosAllGone
First Poster
Options

Same issue here on S7, suddenly all memos gone (after Android system upgrade). Auto backups are on and the last one was doesn't contain any memo.

Had memos of >4 years, now none. Any answer where/how to access old backups, like for a month or two ago?

Any Samsung Cloud expert around?

KBT
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue now! can't find my S Notes in the latest backup!! 

0 Likes
AndreiB
First Poster
Options

Oh bravoooo, Samsung! Did a factory reset last night only to discover this morning that not only did it not restore my settings, but it automatically backed up the useless factory settings, overwriting the one that had absolutely everything. Thank you Samsung, it has NOT been a pleasure!

Islaaa
First Poster
Options

I've had the same problem only with about 400 mp3 files so now I've lost all of my music that it's  taken me so long to download. It's 2019 has this problem not been solved?! I did a factory  reset last night and i left the phone to restore overnight but it decided to back up all of the useless factory data, presumably overwriting my other data that I actually needed 

0 Likes
LorraineRickard
First Poster
Options

I lost my memo data too...would love to get it back..I deleted my Samsung account..I did not know it was connected to the memo app

0 Likes
LorraineRickard
First Poster
Options
Did you ever get a solution?
0 Likes
csh
First Poster
Options

i lost select contacts last week with email updgrade on samsung s8. I have re-started, contact recovery, cache, and more. when I go to resotre contacts to a date on my computer, it does not bring them back. i had it set to back up to google.it still is.

on restore contacts there are over 2600 contacts as the number listed there on the current device so it states. however, on my current device are only 828. i am missing recent (past  4 months or so) entries. 

i have talked to cell provider and samsung. no one has an answer. all settings are correct. 

i just tried restoring contacts to a date on the computer/google. did not work. contacts were there last thursday. friday was upgrade and now gone.

any help?
0 Likes
Dave_Beaverhaus
First Poster
Options

This exact same thing happened to me just now 3 13 19.  Found no way to get the data off the clould, before I went to restore the backup from a year ago, I backed up my current secure folder file and then poof, no warning, no options, it just erased my backup from a year ago.

Spent hours on chat with Samsung and they are clueless and not at all helpful. Tried to give me Samsungs most basic custome service number.   Have you gotten an answer from Samsung at all on this? Surely this happens all the time and most people just can't find this thread.  I am going to keep crawling up Samsungs butt until they give us an answer.

0 Likes
csh
First Poster
Options

Nothing from Samsung. Have spent hours on the phone with them over days. They point the finger to carrier- Verizon. Spent hours with Verizon, they point the finger to Samsung. Sooo frustrating. Lost data right after update. Sorry, I do not have a better answer for you.

0 Likes
Pelochii
First Poster
Options
This is exactly what happened to me,I lost everything!! All! I have hours trying to contact samsung,to see if is something they can do,and no solution,I can't believe it.
0 Likes