Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

How to remove voicemail notification

(Topic created on: 10-08-2018 10:42 PM)
Barrie1
Navigator
Options
Other Smartphones

How do I remove the voicemail notification from my notification/status bar?

Go to solution
40 REPLIES 40
teariana
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I wish I had good news. 

Do you turn your phone off a lot. Each time your phone is turned off it will tell you you have received a new msg even if you haven't. This voice mail thing is some kind of glitch in the system. Don't know if it's android or Samsung. So yeah, it's a pain.

0 Likes
Albertogi0
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I dont turn my phone a lot. You are probably right about a glitch in the system. It is a pain in the a...!!! Thanks anyways

0 Likes
samungfamembers
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hello Chew, I've tried to follow your second option, but it still didn't work for me. So I changed a little bit the part where you select the phone apps, instead, I selected the "call settings" app and then clear the cache and the data as well. This little modification worked for me. Thanks a lot for your sharing.

sam126
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Clearing the cache could work

---------------------------------------------------------Signature------------------------------------------------------------

[US only] Save on your online purchases with the cashback site trusted by 10 million users

0 Likes
goldenwheels
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Yes, only selecting "Call Settings" app and clearing the cache helps. Thanks.
0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options
Other Smartphones

If you would like to reduce this notification to almost nothing then i have the best solution to permanently reduce this notification

Inside of the phone app go to settings>voicemail>notifications>and silent and minimize them, this hides the voicemail notification unless you expand the notification panel then it there but minimized

ZomboDroid 16072020202652.jpg

20200716_214846.jpg

sarah678
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
i have no idea what to do i keep getting unknown voice mail's from people i dont know which im Very very uncomfortable with and is kind of frightening me so could i get some advice:(
0 Likes
edgarog
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This solution worked for me, thanks!

0 Likes
satnoch
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you, STEP 2 is the key !!

0 Likes
MarijaHristov
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi, I've tried all the suggested salutations, and cleaning call data worked.. Until restarting the phone, then the notifications icon was back again. Then I tryed cleaning all phone and call cache and data and then I powered off the phone for 5 minutes. IT WORKED... NO MORE VOICEMAIL NOTIFICATION ICON!

0 Likes