Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

How to remove voicemail notification

(Topic created on: 10-08-2018 10:42 PM)
Barrie1
Navigator
Options
Other Smartphones

How do I remove the voicemail notification from my notification/status bar?

Go to solution
40 REPLIES 40
Tuzie
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I am having the same problem.  When I try to swipe to clear notifications there isn't  the "clear all screen" to clear this notification.  That is until I receive another notification then I scroll over and clear them and all are deleted BUT the voicemail notification still stays then you can't swipe past it again to get the clear all screen.  I have called myself and left voicemail and it cleared then popped back up as notification (with no option to swipe past it again for the clear all screen).  I went to the 3 phone apps and cleared the cache but didn't clear data because it said it would delete all files, settings  and info so I was afraid to do this and lose all my contacts and info.  PLEASE HELP!!!  This is extremely annoying.  This is the 3rd time in a year it has done this.  Previously I "rebooted" my watch and phone then had to completely uninstall watch and reinstall it and god knows what else I did over several week period and it finally went away and is back again for good this time I'm afraid. 

0 Likes
teariana
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

It will not erase your contacts.

I wish we could actually talk to Samsung about this, it's a glitch, if they still use that term. 

By way of reassurance, this app can only access your contacts which are stored by one or more different apps. It cannot erase them. As far as erasing the data, that's only the data for voice mail.

You actually only really need to do this for one of two reasons.

1. You're like me and you like to keep the notification bar free for real notifications.

2. You need to know if someone has actually left you a  voicemail.

Each and every time you get a voicemail and/or have completely turned off or restarted your phone you will need to go through the same process to get rid if the little notification thingy.

0 Likes
Festa12
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
how do I remove answer machine icon tried all answers that members have suggested but no joy anyone help
0 Likes
afsalahmadarief
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

It works! thank you very much!

buckledjp
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
You can block the voicemail notifications with an app called autonotification which you can get from the play store, worked a treat for me
Rellawing
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This was the only real solution provided.  I couldn't figure out any of the other suggestions.  Maybe those don't apply to S21 Ultra.  '^^  Thanks for this application suggestion.  It instantly removed the pesky notification!  Samsung makes it nearly impossible to not use voicemail.  Since I can't hear, it's nothing but bothersome.  Constant reminders to do something I can't.

0 Likes
Fogeaters
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I have done both of these options it is still there. Been a problem for over a month. What else can I try?

0 Likes
Fogeaters
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Me too! Nothing helps. It comes right back. Just in the last couple of months. I wonder if it is something in the OS update?

0 Likes
Fogeaters
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Same here. Why do we have three phone apps?

0 Likes
DrDemolitiin
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi I'm having this problem on my S21 ultra. My voicemail is empty and both of these options didn't work.
0 Likes