Support

Open search

How do i delete samsung cloud data???

Highlighted
First Poster

Ive contacted samsung and followed there advice and im still unable to delete my cloud data.  Samsung has said theyre waiting for head office to get in touch but i am still yet to hear anything back.  

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

@Eltas wrote:
It should say in the cloud storage option where the data is coming from. Like I've a few hundred KB of Notes backed up. But 6GB of backed up "Data" from my phone and tablet that I do have the option to delete. What's yours showing?

Highlighted

i would also like to know what exactly is included in my "backup data" and then delete parts of it.
After all "Samsung cloud" backed up stuff by default that i don't want backed up (supposedly it is music, but there's really no way of knowing, because it just shows as "backup data").
now i am here with 99% of the 15GB cloud storage used up and the only way to reduce this storage usage is by deleting ALL of my S7 Data (which i don't want to do either).
Samsung needs to give customers more detailed access to their own backed up files.

Highlighted

wrote:

i would also like to know what exactly is included in my "backup data" and then delete parts of it.
After all "Samsung cloud" backed up stuff by default that i don't want backed up (supposedly it is music, but there's really no way of knowing, because it just shows as "backup data").
now i am here with 99% of the 15GB cloud storage used up and the only way to reduce this storage usage is by deleting ALL of my S7 Data (which i don't want to do either).
Samsung needs to give customers more detailed access to their own backed up files.

I've just bought a Galaxy A8 and I'm not at all happy with the Samsung Cloud feature. There is personal information in the cloud that I have no access to, cannot  delete and didnt ask to be backed up in the first place. I'm sure that Samsung have an obligation under the General Data Protection Regulations to provide this access - so what are they going to do about it? Also their Privacy notices are appalling and dont comply with the GDPRs regarding clarity.

@tazztone

What are you going to do about it samsung ??

Top Liked Authors