Support

Open search

How do i delete samsung cloud data???

Highlighted
First Poster

Ive contacted samsung and followed there advice and im still unable to delete my cloud data.  Samsung has said theyre waiting for head office to get in touch but i am still yet to hear anything back.  

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Pathfinder
What exactly is in your cloud data, when I got the update there was a Samsung Cloud setting in Backup and Reset on my phone. From that I was able to free some space by deleting the pictures that were being automatically backed up. I also had cloud data from previous phones. I deleted them but that made no difference to my storage. not sure if it was because they were virtually empty or that the system glitched and still believes that they're being stored.
Highlighted

To be honest im not sure (maybe apps/photos from an old phone?).  What i do know is its 3.4gb worth of my data that essentially i have no control over

Highlighted
It should say in the cloud storage option where the data is coming from. Like I've a few hundred KB of Notes backed up. But 6GB of backed up "Data" from my phone and tablet that I do have the option to delete. What's yours showing?
Highlighted
Mine says pretty much the same. 3 kb of notes and 3.4gb of backed up data. The problem i have is i cant delete this data. I get the error "failed to connect to server try again later" whenever i try
Highlighted
What phone are you using? because I remember having that issue too. I don't have it now though, so it may be a update patch that needs to come through
Highlighted
S7 Edge
Highlighted
Don't suppose you are using the Nougat beta? It may need a software update, because, like I said before. I did have that issue before. or try using a different connection to connect to Samsung Cloud. I find LTE/4G is sometimes better at connecting to servers than normal WiFi
Highlighted
My phone is running 6.01 marshmallow. It is not and has never been rooted. I usually do root but not with s6 and s7 due to security features
Highlighted
I was just asking, because there was a public beta for nougat for the S7 edge in the UK, that might have been the issue. but if another connection does not work either. I am afraid I am out od ideas. apologise in advance.
Top Liked Authors