Did you mean: 

Original topic:

How can I restore my Samsung Memos?

(Topic created on: 07/05/18 22:39)
Jenny09
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

My phone wiped out, but I had already backed up everything to my Google account and Samsung Cloud, but it seems that the Samsung apps were not restored. My SHealth data is all gone and so are most of the photos and videos from Samsung Gallery (although they were all restored to my Google Photos). My main problem right now is that all of my memos are gone, and I don't know how to get them back. In settings, it says that Memos are synced, but I don't know how to restore them. I tried downloading the Samsung Notes app to try and restore the memos to it, but that didn't work. I also tried removing and re-adding my Samsung account, which did nothing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have memos from over 2 years ago.

Also, if there is a way to restore older backups, that might be helpful.

I'm so desperate that I've even been trying to root my phone (any advise on retrieving my memos this way will also be appreciated).
Thanks

34 REPLIES 34
JessL
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Hey @Jenny09,

Could you let us know if you've already tried the steps in this guide

We'd like to help with this! :smileyhappy:

Jenny09
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi, 

Yes, I've already tried this. I've also tried downloading Samsung Notes and importing from Samsung account, but it says "no files found". 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Leon24xxx
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

The problem might been caused by the one option not ticked (see screenshot). Sync by Wi-Fi and mobile data. 

I think it's not ON by default. 

Also for the future to avoid such problems in Samsung Notes app settings, just double check that sync is ONScreenshot_20180513-103705_Samsung Cloud.jpg

Screenshot_20180513-104114_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20180513-104128_Samsung Notes.jpg

Leon24xxx
melinda-galaxy
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
They are right if u go in under setting bck up it's not a option to backup,regardless of the app nor will it let u restore anything, from notes, memos,n I to lost all mine bc this MESS.
0 Likes
Pingpong
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I just bought the new note 9 and everything transferred on the smart switch from my Samsung G7 except for my memos which I would like to retrieve. Can I do anything where do I look there is no icon in the apps section listed. Like there was before am I to understand that it has been replace by Samsung notes?

0 Likes
Pingpong
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

@Jenny09 wrote:

Hi, 

Yes, I've already tried this. I've also tried downloading Samsung Notes and importing from Samsung account, but it says "no files found". 

Thanks 

I just bought the new note 9 and everything transferred on the smart switch from my Samsung G7 except for my memos which I would like to retrieve. Can I do anything where do I look there is no icon in the apps section listed. Like there was before am I to understand that it has been replace by Samsung notes?

0 Likes
Yorries
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

So... can anyone answer the real question here...?

Can we restore an older backup or not...??

If so, how do we go about it?

Help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

0 Likes
melinda-galaxy
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Well I be glad whenever they a solution bc I'm screwed if not with alot important info just Gone ,not back up, not restoreable this sucks 

0 Likes
HarryBark
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

If you haven't already backed up you memos:

1. log into Samsung's Find My Mobile https://findmymobile.samsung.com

2. Choose Back Up

3. Only choose memo (I could only get it to work when only the memos were selected and nothing else)

4. Once they are backed up, open your new phone's Notes app

5. Go to settings and choose Import Data

6. Choose Memos from Samsung Account

7. The should download onto your new phone

Good luck

Options
Other Smartphones

Accidently deleted all my memos

How can I get them. I don't have access to a computer so please let me know how I can get them back another way

Thank you

0 Likes
QWn2020
Options
Other Smartphones

I discovered the recycle bin option when I accidentally deleted my Memos. On the Memos Page left-hand corner (Samsung A5), click on the 3 bars and Top 2 options are ALL NOTES and RECYCLE BIN. Just like on PCs you can restore what's in the recycle bin back to the original destination. BUT has to be within 15 days of the accidental deletion.

@891 wrote:

Accidently deleted all my memos

How can I get them. I don't have access to a computer so please let me know how I can get them back another way

Thank you

0 Likes
Kate1234
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi Jenny, have you sorted out the solution? Mine the same things happened to me. My memo wasnt restore after i tried different way which i am sure it was sync before i reset. sigh... ;-(

MaxAda
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Have you used Kies to back up your data? If so, then you can recover from backup. In addition, if the deleted data has not been overwritten, then you may also use a third-party tool to recover by scanning the device.

0 Likes
CalBrand
Options
Other Smartphones

I've had the exact problem. No memos restored from google or samsung cloud, even though they did a few months back when I got a replacement galaxy 7. With my new galaxy 9 I cant figuire out how to get two years of memos back. Really want this sorted!

0 Likes
Alexhughes01
Options
Other Smartphones

Mine were all missing when I got a new Galaxy too, but I installed the 'samsung notes' app, and when it started up, it gave me the option of importing memo data from samsung cloud, and now they're all back.

@CalBrand wrote:

I've had the exact problem. No memos restored from google or samsung cloud, even though they did a few months back when I got a replacement galaxy 7. With my new galaxy 9 I cant figuire out how to get two years of memos back. Really want this sorted!

0 Likes
Pastordean99
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

@CalBrand wrote:

@CalBrand did you ever recover your memos to your galaxy S9? My situation is very similar. My S7 went down. Bought an S9. Had it backed up with Samsung and Google which worked like a charm at set up except for the Memos. Not Notes or SNotes. Memos. Need those Memos.

0 Likes
Enbergland
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hello! Did you figure out how to get your memos back?

0 Likes
WyseOSirius
Options
Other Smartphones

Can someone please either a) provide a different answer than the same incorrect one again (if there is one) or b) just tell us that we're screwed?  Because we're getting a very Geek Squad level of responses here and nobody wants to just come out and say that they don't know what to do.

Tim_B
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

We are in a similar situation although ours is complicated by using Enterprise Mobile Device Management software on the devices which doesn't allow access to Cloud Based backups (Google, Samsung, Smart Switch etc) so a simple export/import option (memo, notes, snotes) just like you can with contacts etc would be fantastic. I cannot understand why it isn't an option.

0 Likes
HassanNet
Options
Other Smartphones
FOR THE LAZY READER:

Instead of google play, go to Galaxy store and search for Snotes. If it is already installed in your device it will show update instead of install.

After updating, open the Snotes app, go to settings, accounts, import from samsung account... and voila!!

@Tim_B wrote:

We are in a similar situation although ours is complicated by using Enterprise Mobile Device Management software on the devices which doesn't allow access to Cloud Based backups (Google, Samsung, Smart Switch etc) so a simple export/import option (memo, notes, snotes) just like you can with contacts etc would be fantastic. I cannot understand why it isn't an option.

I suffered from the same matter for several months I've been trying to restore my snotes previously created on a N8000 note tablet that now isn't working anymore.

I can still see the notes in samsung cloud backups but no way to restore them.

at first i doubted the app being installed in a non compatible phone, untill i read the posts of the community members saying they tried to restore to Note phones and yet it didn't work.

Bottom line, today I tried to do something different and it worked.

Samsung has been aware of the problem but dealed with it silently.

Instead of google play, go to Galaxy store and search for Snotes. If it is already installed in your device it will show update instead of install.

After updating, open the Snotes app, go to settings, accounts, import from samsung account... and voila!!

all the notes are there.. just check individual files or All to restore all your precious notes.

Hope it helped you all.

cheers.

0 Likes