Support

Open search

How can I restore my Samsung Memos?

Highlighted
First Poster

My phone wiped out, but I had already backed up everything to my Google account and Samsung Cloud, but it seems that the Samsung apps were not restored. My SHealth data is all gone and so are most of the photos and videos from Samsung Gallery (although they were all restored to my Google Photos). My main problem right now is that all of my memos are gone, and I don't know how to get them back. In settings, it says that Memos are synced, but I don't know how to restore them. I tried downloading the Samsung Notes app to try and restore the memos to it, but that didn't work. I also tried removing and re-adding my Samsung account, which did nothing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have memos from over 2 years ago.

Also, if there is a way to restore older backups, that might be helpful.

I'm so desperate that I've even been trying to root my phone (any advise on retrieving my memos this way will also be appreciated).
Thanks

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted

Well I be glad whenever they a solution bc I'm screwed if not with alot important info just Gone ,not back up, not restoreable this sucks 

Highlighted

If you haven't already backed up you memos:

1. log into Samsung's Find My Mobile https://findmymobile.samsung.com

2. Choose Back Up

3. Only choose memo (I could only get it to work when only the memos were selected and nothing else)

4. Once they are backed up, open your new phone's Notes app

5. Go to settings and choose Import Data

6. Choose Memos from Samsung Account

7. The should download onto your new phone

Good luck

Highlighted

I had the same problem, no memos were restored.  Even though Samsung Cloud showed hundreds of memos in backup. So, I installed the app called Samsung Notes from the play store.  Then I chose import from SNotes, and also did import from Memos, only about 1/10 of the memos imported and they were all from two years or more ago.  I am at a loss.  So frustrating!!!  Does anyone know how to directly access them from the Samsung Backup??

Highlighted

@CalBrand wrote:

I've had the exact problem. No memos restored from google or samsung cloud, even though they did a few months back when I got a replacement galaxy 7. With my new galaxy 9 I cant figuire out how to get two years of memos back. Really want this sorted!

@CalBrand did you ever recover your memos to your galaxy S9? My situation is very similar. My S7 went down. Bought an S9. Had it backed up with Samsung and Google which worked like a charm at set up except for the Memos. Not Notes or SNotes. Memos. Need those Memos.

Highlighted

Hello! Did you figure out how to get your memos back?

Highlighted

Can someone please either a) provide a different answer than the same incorrect one again (if there is one) or b) just tell us that we're screwed?  Because we're getting a very Geek Squad level of responses here and nobody wants to just come out and say that they don't know what to do.

Highlighted

We are in a similar situation although ours is complicated by using Enterprise Mobile Device Management software on the devices which doesn't allow access to Cloud Based backups (Google, Samsung, Smart Switch etc) so a simple export/import option (memo, notes, snotes) just like you can with contacts etc would be fantastic. I cannot understand why it isn't an option.

Highlighted
FOR THE LAZY READER:

Instead of google play, go to Galaxy store and search for Snotes. If it is already installed in your device it will show update instead of install.

After updating, open the Snotes app, go to settings, accounts, import from samsung account... and voila!!

@Tim_B wrote:

We are in a similar situation although ours is complicated by using Enterprise Mobile Device Management software on the devices which doesn't allow access to Cloud Based backups (Google, Samsung, Smart Switch etc) so a simple export/import option (memo, notes, snotes) just like you can with contacts etc would be fantastic. I cannot understand why it isn't an option.

I suffered from the same matter for several months I've been trying to restore my snotes previously created on a N8000 note tablet that now isn't working anymore.

I can still see the notes in samsung cloud backups but no way to restore them.

at first i doubted the app being installed in a non compatible phone, untill i read the posts of the community members saying they tried to restore to Note phones and yet it didn't work.

Bottom line, today I tried to do something different and it worked.

Samsung has been aware of the problem but dealed with it silently.

Instead of google play, go to Galaxy store and search for Snotes. If it is already installed in your device it will show update instead of install.

After updating, open the Snotes app, go to settings, accounts, import from samsung account... and voila!!

all the notes are there.. just check individual files or All to restore all your precious notes.

Hope it helped you all.

cheers.

Highlighted
Hi Jenny,

Highlighted

Hi @HassanNet,

thank you for the reply, my issue is that once the device is enrolled into an Enterprise environment, for security reasons we no longer have access to Cloud Based backups including Samsung Accounts. The option is no longer there.
In a legacy non enterprise environment, a user can backup their decice to their Samsung account just fine, however we then take the phone, factory reset it and re-enroll it into an Enterprise MDM, once they get it back, they do not have access to Samsung account any more, so ideally, they should be able to export/import notes like you can with contacts.

Top Liked Authors