Support

Open search

How can I restore my Samsung Memos?

Highlighted
First Poster

My phone wiped out, but I had already backed up everything to my Google account and Samsung Cloud, but it seems that the Samsung apps were not restored. My SHealth data is all gone and so are most of the photos and videos from Samsung Gallery (although they were all restored to my Google Photos). My main problem right now is that all of my memos are gone, and I don't know how to get them back. In settings, it says that Memos are synced, but I don't know how to restore them. I tried downloading the Samsung Notes app to try and restore the memos to it, but that didn't work. I also tried removing and re-adding my Samsung account, which did nothing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have memos from over 2 years ago.

Also, if there is a way to restore older backups, that might be helpful.

I'm so desperate that I've even been trying to root my phone (any advise on retrieving my memos this way will also be appreciated).
Thanks

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted

Mine were all missing when I got a new Galaxy too, but I installed the 'samsung notes' app, and when it started up, it gave me the option of importing memo data from samsung cloud, and now they're all back.

@CalBrand wrote:

I've had the exact problem. No memos restored from google or samsung cloud, even though they did a few months back when I got a replacement galaxy 7. With my new galaxy 9 I cant figuire out how to get two years of memos back. Really want this sorted!

Highlighted

You must download Samsung Notes from Google play.  After download open and go to settings.  import data  from Samsung account.  Keep in mind you must us WIFI in order for this to work.  

Highlighted
Yep, had to do this too. Thank god they're there.

No idea why S Notes can see the memo data in the Samsung Cloud but won't restore them to memos.
Highlighted
Observer

me too. having problems i accidentally deleted the data of my samsung notes. And in trying to recover i've search a lot taht leads to my phone not working anymore. Please help me. Even just to restore those datas.

Highlighted

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem.

I can see  through :

Settings - cloud and accounts - samsung cloud - other phone data - Memo

that there are 1085 memos.

When I try to restore, none restore.

When I use the Samsung notes import from Cloud technique, at best I get 124 memos imported.

How do I download the remaining memos backed up to the cloud. I am using the same type of phone (original was S7 and new phone is S7.

Had I have known that backup was not going to allow a full restore I would have used another app.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Harry

Highlighted

I too cannot restore my memos.  I have alot of important information regarding work in these notes. My understanding is that my notes would be saved by the Samsung account and I trusted this.  Now my device is smashed to bits and I need to access those notes.  Please help!

I noticed 2 or 3 answers here that were already tried by the OP...

1. I made sure sync is on, and wifi/data sync possible

2. I restored notes from Samsung account, and I only got 13 notes from about 1 year ago... I have over 1000 notes... 

What else can I try??

Highlighted

I've had this same problem with transferring data from my S8+ to my S10+ - my Samsung notes was the only app that did not sync (tried all of the above and nothing worked, but I then found a way)...

In 'All notes' press and hold to select the relevant notes that you want to transfer.

Then select 'share'

Make sure bluetooth is switched on (on both devices)

Select 'share as' - Samsung Notes file (.SDOC)

Then choose 'Send to device'

The option to share with my Galaxy S10+ appeared here and I had to accept the file share on my new phone

When I opened my Notes app again on the S10+, all notes were there :smiling-face:

Highlighted

I ENCOUNTERED THE SAME MAJOR PANIC PROBLEM AND I MANAGED TO SOLVE IT !

A:

1) PHONE SETTINGS

2) CLOUD AND ACCOUNTS

3) SAMSUNG CLOUD

4) OTHER SYNCED DATA

5) MEMO - YOU SHOULD SEE THE NUMBER OF YOUR MEMOS (NOT A REAL NUMBER - THIS IS THE NUMBER OF ALL MEMOS YOU EVER HAD IN YOUR LIFE, INCLUDING DELETED ONES)

6) SYNC ON - JUST ACTIVATE IT BY PULLING THE DOT TO THE RIGHT AND CLICK SYNC NOW

7) YOU'RE WELCOME ! :smiling-face:

B:

1) GALAXY STORE

2) INSTALL SAMSUNG NOTES

3) GO TO LEFT UPPER CORNER TO SETTINGS

4) IMPORT DATA

5) UNDER MEMOS MENU SELECT: FROM SAMSUNG ACCOUNT

6) YOU'RE WELCOME ! :smiling-face:

If I made you happy, you can made my day by sending me a beer. Hehe, cheers !!!

Thanks and hope I put a smile on your faces ! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Highlighted
They are right if u go in under setting bck up it's not a option to backup,regardless of the app nor will it let u restore anything, from notes, memos,n I to lost all mine bc this MESS.
Highlighted
Mine sure want Import says none found and that lie
Top Liked Authors