Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the System Default To Black on my S8?

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 04:30 PM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
How can I change the System Default To Black on my S8, so that all my apps can go to black, where there isn't the option to change it manually?

Such apps include, Galaxy Store, Samsung Members, etc..

I had this done before, but after my factory reset, I forgot had to enable this feature.

There must be a way, even if it is 'unofficial'. 😁
9 REPLIES 9
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Was it in developer options by any chance. Not sure what to do, I'm sure I read that you can force dark mode for apps in developer mode.
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, The Force Dark Mode option is available in the Developer Mode.
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I've looked through the developer options, yet there is 'no force dark mode' feature. I don't know how to make these Samsung apps have a black background like they used to. Help!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@LiquidSnake: Have you tried heading to Settings > Display > Night Mode, and toggling this on to see if you get the results you're after? 

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
@AndrewL: I've tried looking for night mode, but can't find on my S8. I've put two screenshots below, one with what shows up in Display options and the other in developer options.Screenshot_20210716-163905_Settings_65.jpgScreenshot_20210716-163848_Settings_64.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@LiquidSnake: Are you on the latest available Android version for the S8 (Android 9)? 

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
@AndrewL: I'm on Android 8.0 :O. How can I get android 9? I've clicked Software Update -> Download Updates Manually, but it says 'the latest updates have already been installed'?
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Try using smartswitch on a pc to download the latest update.
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I connected my mobile to SmartSwitch on my laptop and it says my 'device software is up to date: RH1 (XEU)'. I wonder how I may get android 9.0, or just find a way to get that dark mode option for my Samsung apps and as basically, my system default! I did it before on android 8.0, but I forgot :(.
0 Likes