Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Apps Search Problem

(Topic created on: 04-08-2021 03:31 AM)
Danial7
Student
Options
When I updated my Phone yesterday one feature that I use alot is now gone and been changed, when I try to search for a app that is hidden it used to pop up and make my life alot easier when searching etc. But now it doesn't show up and it's made my experience alot worser and I feel like there should a option to turn this on or off like if you want hidden apps to be shown In search.

Hope you can take advice and change this issue 
18 REPLIES 18
jackdee
Explorer
Options
What offical_block is trying to say is send stuff to the secure folder if u can't do an update cos they rarely realise updates and Samsung's security is the worst I've ever seen plus u don't need to back up unless your factory data resetting and not just doing and standard reset cos the only way ull lose ur apps is if a factory data reset is done plus Samsung have installed alot of files and apps that are vulnerable to hacks/malware/spyware and viruses which you can't disable as there attached android systems and I've accessed them of not even been able to work there own devices as you can battery optimize most and turn on do not disturb on separate apps but they don't tell you this over the phone which is really poor customer service and the app technician team don't know what there on about eiather so ur best not even attempting to bother asking for there help as they ***** ALL!
0 Likes
Official_Block
Navigator
Options
I know you might hate this answer but if your phone is hacked, get a antivirus (if possible) or go to accounts in settings and remove your samsung account or reset your phone by going into settings>about phone>reset>factory reset. If that is not possible as well then, you will have to get a new phone.
jackdee
Explorer
Options
Can't remove the account as they have control of my one of my old emails and when i go to access that email address its not recognising and af.my details plus I a don't trust antivirus apps as most just add files. I've done loads of factory resets and also had vpns which made the problem worse I've just secured it all over like locking all apps and the Sam sung account and google play and account settings menu, messages ext plus I've even figured out how to access the hidden Samsung developer maintainence settings, there a serious fraud/cyber crime investigation and my bank are helping with the investigation as they even got into my bank account and defrauded my bank I no how to access the information that they left digital footprints all over my phone so I'm quite good with phones but there are some people better I think they were piggybacking off the Chinese hacking over the past year via devices with Microsoft outlook attached
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi @jackdee 

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the hacking and I hope this get's sorted soon. If you're in the UK, I suggest giving our Accounts Team a call on 0800 995 1079, as they may be able to assist you with your account. If you're unable to perform a Factory Reset, I suggest getting the phone flashed at one of our Support Centres. This will remove all data stored on your phone though, so I'd definitely advise backing up your phone, either online or via external storage.

0 Likes
jackdee
Explorer
Options
I've phoned the accounts team and the technical support over 50 times and it seems like no one knows how there own devices work is all they say is factory data reset and because the hackers have control of my Samsung account and my messaging and most things are linked to the device or android system I can't remove the Samsung as there using an old email address and when I go to log into that email it doesn't recognise any of my details so I can't remove it so I've have to lock nearly everything down inc the Samsung account and add do not disturb to nearly everything as they managed to gain access to my bank account but there is a serious fraud/cyber crime investigation on going and my bank are helping with the investigation which they are close to wrapping up the investigation I've even got a Trojan that I've top the police and they said try not to use it until they have completed their investigation or if the hack starts to get bad again and they understand why I've got one cos it's a very serious issue by taking over someone's device and alot worse that they defrauded a bank.
I was thinking about getting it flashed but then it will erase all the log history as thats one way I found the details of all the activity they were up to and I sent it all off to the investigation team
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

It does seem as though the police know what they're doing with this, so the best we can advise is to wait for them to finish their investigation. 

However, have you reached out to your email address provider to see if they're able to assist with changing your details so you can gain access? 

0 Likes
Ragonog
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. It's not even about security. I just want to hide apps that I don't want people to see in case somebody needs to handle my phone. Now if I hide them I can't access them either. I tried to create a secure folder but it just doubled all my apps. I don't know what happens if I sign into those and delete the originals, haven't tried that yet. I kinda understand why they made this change but the could at least be an option to show up or not on the search results. The crazy thing is that the latest searches words and the link to the app info still show up so a person can still find out whether or not you have that app installed by using the search bar.

Cal19901
Student
Options

Same thing happened to mine after the update a few weeks ago. Why did you screw with a great feature samsung???

Ahmed Habila
First Poster
Options

I agree