Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 05:43 PM)
mrsjackson123
Journeyman
Options
My phone wont Blutooth connect to my car. I have been through by my permissions and looked through my settings cant see the problem. My phone will find the car. But won't pair with it. Can anyone help with this? 

Much appreciated 
13 REPLIES 13
Mrsstreet62
First Poster
Options
Hi Mrs Jackson I'm having the same problem too hope you can get it sorted.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Does your phone show up your cars bluetooth?? As a connection
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
First of all, what model is your car, and how old is it? Is the head unit Android Auto capable?

I would suggest going into the Bluetooth settings on your phone, and 'forget' the current connection. Once you've done that, switch off the phone, with Bluetooth also switched off beforehand. Next, go into the head unit, and delete your phone's profile.

Now, switch your phone on, and enable Bluetooth. Let it search for new connections. At the same time, get your head unit to search for your phone. All being well, they will find each other. Pair them to each other by confirming that the displayed 6-digit code is the same on each. Again, all being well, you are now paired.

By selecting the correct mode on your head unit, you should be able connect wirelessly via Bluetooth.

If, however, you are looking to enable hands-free connection to your car, via Android Auto, its most likely that you will need to connect by cable, to allow you to use the following features of your phone on the screen of your head unit:

MAPS (Google Maps, Waze, etc)
MEDIA (voice dictation of messages via WhatsApp, etc)
AUDIO (Samsung Music, Spotify, etc).

It seems that wireless Android Auto is only now being fitted to vehicles, although some high-end models from about 2019/2020 have this feature, hence you will need a cable - either the original Samsung cable, or I use Juice cable, which you can buy in Asda for about £10-15.
0 Likes
mrsjackson123
Journeyman
Options
My car is a Volkswagen UP 2016

I have done all you have suggested still no change

Thank you for your suggestions though
0 Likes
mrsjackson123
Journeyman
Options
I press connect and it will say do you want to connect to this device

I will press ok

It will load for a while then say cant connect

Very irritating
0 Likes
mrsjackson123
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, you too. Keep reading this section you may find you will get an answer to
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Your car is similar to the Seat Mii. That being the case, I think you have the dashboard-mounted Garmin sat-nav, am I right?

From memory, I seem to recall that I setup my sister's Mii to do what you're trying to achieve by using the menu on the sat-nav. Have a look there, and see if your sat-nav unit allows Bluetooth connections.
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Flush the cache on your phone, using DEVICE CARE from the settings list.
0 Likes
unicorn2333
Apprentice
Options
Oh so sad
0 Likes