Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Samsung phone please

(Topic created on: 30-07-2020 02:01 PM)
ne5
Apprentice
Options

Hello I have a problem with a Samsung phone, it's a a20e model and had a backlog of updates, so I updated one from April. It then refused to work, telling me that Sansung internet keeps stopping.

It was fine before the update.

It then downloaded and installed another update to Samsung internet, I dont know what triggered that it happened quickly.

So I still get the message, however we have another phone exactly the same and the software version is 11 . something whereas the faulty one is still only version 9. something.

We can use Google chrome to browse and the phone seems OK otherwise, but she wants it to work properly.

Any suggestions please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JonnyEngleby918
First Poster
Options
the best option will probably be to get in touch with Samsung and claim on the manufacturers warranty to try and get a replacement phone
0 Likes
ne5
Apprentice
Options

She got it on Amazon, it is still under warranty, but is it not a software update thing that can be sorted ? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ne5: Can you start by going to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install, to see if there are any further updates available? Now, go to Settings > Apps > Samsung Internet (just called 'Internet') > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data, then press then Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the device restarts. Does the error message persist following these steps? If so then, next time it happens, press and hold the Samsung Members app > Error Reports > Tap OK on the agreement popup for sending system log data > Select Symptom category > Describe the problem in detail and SEND, as this will help us to identify any software issues that may be a contributing factor. 

0 Likes
ne5
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply, her phone reset itself overnight and is fine now, I wont touch it now it's not broke but I'll retain this info for future reference.

I will retain all that info for future reference. 

Much appreciated thank you.

ne5
Apprentice
Options

Hello a similar problem has cropped up, can I post a screenshot ? 

0 Likes
ne5
Apprentice
Options

20200822_193029.jpg

0 Likes