Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Is my Battery Dead?

(Topic created on: 17-04-2020 03:14 PM)
FindAndSeek
Student
Options

Hi all,

So I've woken up this morning with an issue on my S7, The phone appears dead, but there is a solid red light on? I've tried all the holding button tricks but nothing is working.

This only seems to have happened after I put it on charge, Is it down to a Battery issue or something else? I'm planning to send it in for repairs, but unfortunately my phone has a lock screen enabled to which I can't remove and I've not actually backed-up my files for a few months. Eugh!

Is there a way of sending it in but not having it wiped of all information held on the phone? I'm quite anxious that I'll lose all access to my apps, files, photos among other things due to the two-step verification too.

Thanks for any suggestions/help etc.
Regards, Lyndsey.

P.S. I might sound calm in the post but I'm quite literally stressing out on the inside. Argghh..

5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @FindAndSeek ,

no worries, I would happily take a look into this with you. Is the red light steady or it's blinking? Do you have the charger that came with the phone? If so, can you connect this to the phone and leave it in for at least 15 minutes? After that try to turn the phone on.

0 Likes
FindAndSeek
Student
Options
Hi TessM,
The light isn't steady or blinking it's just permanently on, Yes I still use the original charger, just the cables that have changed, It was on charge when I found it in the state it is now. :S
I have also been in touch with Samsung on Facebook Messenger, and they have requested I send it in for a repair. But it says you need to not have it locked which I can't change and it will be wiped on repair.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I'm glad to hear that our colleagues have provided you with the next steps to get this repaired @FindAndSeek 

Due to security reasons (GDPR legislation) all the phones sent for repair will be restored to factory settings, which means that all the data will be erased. 

0 Likes
5678pink
Student
Options

I am also having this issue. It just happened a couple of days ago. I need access to my phone info today. Please help!

0 Likes
5678pink
Student
Options
This just happened to my phone a couple of days ago. I'm now quite stressed about it too.
Did they end up fixing it? Did you have to lose all your data? That won't be a solution for me as it is the data on the phone that I need.
0 Likes