Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hear me out...

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 05:59 AM)
FY51LAY
First Poster
Options
So let's start by saying I'm not very smart! Been thinking about this one for a while and now I'm pretty sure it would be possible somehow, so I'm saying it... 

No one likes a broken screen, right? This may help the problem! Cats always land on their feet, so surely there is a way to build a phone (even if slightly bulkier than they are now) the design being that IT ALWAYS LANDS ON ITS BACK!! 

I mean, I'm sure if I was a genius I could build it and it would be bank! 🤣

But all being said, they would be losing a lot of money on screen repairs/replacement 
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would welcome all ideas to help reduce damage to a phone @FY51LAY 

Personally I use a case that protects the back and sides and some form of screen protector which is usually a Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector.

But even that does not guarantee a phone won't be damaged as it can depend on the height and angle of drop and the type of ground it falls on.

Some phone's have Glass backs so it landing on the back could mean possible damage that way I suppose.

I use a case to also add extra grip too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Great suggestion, plus I hate the, here is a new sleek set phone, right now put a screen protector and rugged case to protect, it really makes the whole Gorilla glass claims pointless and so the sleek design
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree @Obsydian there are cases out there that have enough rubber and plastic in them that would protect the phone from a nuclear bomb !

I prefer a minimal case so ok it does not offer as much protection, but it adds some , and as importantly added grip.

The new display materials do offer added protection but like all phone display screens they have the capability to scratch and be smashed.

This is why I like the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector. They are Glass and affix in a way to have no dead spots and work very well with fingerprint scanners.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you seen how cats land in their feet? Impossible for a slim device like a phone no matter how weighted.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Some self-righting gyroscopic device in a smartphone. It could be possible but you'd end up with a Dom Joly sized phone
0 Likes