Heads Up Notification on S8

(Topic created on: 14-12-2017 11:55 PM)
jg2010
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi,

I have recently bought a new Galaxy S8. 

Can anyone please suggest how to disable the heads up notification especially from WhatsApp. It is quite annoying when you are doing other work. I do not want to disable notification completely. I tried the "Show Silently" option in App Notification, then the message tone and vibration settings are muted. I just want to avoid that heads up message. 

Till Marshmellow, this could be done using an app called "Heads Off" which used to work very conveniently; but it does not support Nougat it seems.

Can anyone please help..

Best Regards, JG

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Scotty
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi mate

This issue is really annoying for me too and I get hundreds of Whatsapps every day from work which drives me crazy. Unfortunately I believe the only proper fix seems to be to do something called an ADB command, whereby you use some software to send a command from your PC to your phone which disables heads-up notifications. It sounds veerrry unofficial and a bit sketchy to me, so I think we will all just have to wait it out to see if there is ever an update to reinstate it. I'm sure it's probably a doddle for all the geeky programmers out there but for us commoners I think you should steer well clear.

Scotty
XOXO2510
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I FOUND A SOLUTION WITHOUT HAVING TO INSTALL ANY EXTRA APPS!

So we have all been getting the annoying heads up notifications that we don't want appearing on our phone when it's unlocked right?! Well I found a solution after playing round with my phone. First I changed the notification settings in my apps for example WhatsApp, Facebook messenger etc by going to settings > notifications > select each app you want to stop heads up from > allow notifications > show silently. Toggle this to on.

Now wait I've not finished, then go back into settings > accessibility > notification reminder and turn this on. Then turn sound on and vibrate on and select the apps you wish to receive notifications from with an iterval of 1 minute. Then there you have it , this stops the heads up notifications  but then reminds you 1 minute later, I think even quicker that you have a notification! I'm sure a 1 minute wait won't hurt to stop those heads up!

0 Likes