Support

Open search

GS7 HELP NEEDED

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

My GS7 AOD suddenly got dim and isnt always showing. Even though both the home button & fingerprint reader are working (when the device is unlocked already), when i lock the phone, neither the lock or home button wake the device, and when they do its a long delay with a blank screen, then suddenly the phone is unlocked. Sometimes there isnt an issue at all, but atleast 80% of the time there is. As well as this, the camera has a black screen on launch when double tapping the home button for around 5 seconds. Ive reset my phone multiple times. Cleared cache. Removed sim and sd card. Deleted apps. Factory reset the device 3 times. Nothing had worked. Cannot figure out wether its software or hardware. Feel like its a mixture. Phone hasnt been dropped, recently got the screen repaired 4ish weeks ago. Help needed and appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Tha k you for the reply! 

Im aware the AOD is mea t to be dim, but im in an incredibly dim room and could barely see that it was on

Yes it was the Samsung reading (Great people, great service all round there). I will take it back.

Has started working normally for the last day. AOD is correct brightness, it wakes upon button press, and the camera is instant. Im sure it wont last long though

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

The AOD is supposed to dim depending on lighting conditions to save battery. 

I note you say the screen has been replaced recently. 

Was this via a Samsung Service Centre ?

If so go back for assistance. 

If not then your 24 month manufacturing warranty is probably voided so Samsung wouldn't now look at it. You'd need to to go back to the outlet that last worked on the phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted

Tha k you for the reply! 

Im aware the AOD is mea t to be dim, but im in an incredibly dim room and could barely see that it was on

Yes it was the Samsung reading (Great people, great service all round there). I will take it back.

Has started working normally for the last day. AOD is correct brightness, it wakes upon button press, and the camera is instant. Im sure it wont last long though

View solution in original post

Highlighted

The AOD on my s8 can be incredibly dim too. 

I've read other such similar posts here and elsewhere.  

Samsung being overkill to save on battery life possibly.   :winking-face:

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Top Liked Authors