Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Pay stopped working on Galaxy J530

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 03:56 PM)
Pseudonym
Journeyman
Options
Since updating system software with the android security patch 1 May 2021, my galaxy J530 no longer works with Google  Pay.  I get an error message saying 'Your device doesn't meet security standards' 
The phone has never been rooted and I'm not even unning developer mode.
Anyone else having this problem?
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try restarting your phone or clearing phone system cache 😎
0 Likes
Pseudonym
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the suggestions, but a cache wipe and restart didn't clear the problem. Looks like a factory reset for me now.
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Yup, that's what I was about to suggest next lol! If my tip helped, please click the three dots on my comment and select accept solution. Thanks! 😉
0 Likes
Pseudonym
Journeyman
Options
Solution accepted
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Pseudonym: Please can you try heading to Settings > Lock Screen > Screen Lock Type, and choosing a medium or high security option to see if this helps? 

0 Likes
Pseudonym
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your suggestion but I was already on medium/high. I just tried a factory reset and even that didn't clear the error. I'm wondering if the May 2021 security update is causing this. Hard to find anyone at Samsung who can help.
0 Likes
Declan
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem following a security update yesterday on a Galaxy J5. I have tried various suggestions and checked all the recommended settings without success. 

0 Likes
Pseudonym
Journeyman
Options
I'd recommend not trying a factory reset. Maybe best to wait & see if Samsung fix the patch, or Google accept it's secure
Pseudonym
Journeyman
Options
Also just noticed since the update that Settings/Storage/Optimization report my device as a tablet!
0 Likes