Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s9 update deleted pictures

(Topic created on: 22-08-2018 03:36 AM)
eccino
First Poster
Options

The recent software update this afternoon seems to have deleted all of my pictures. All my pictures are automatically saved to a micro sd card and it keeps telling me my card is now corrupted thanks to this update. It told me I needed to format it to be able to view it, so I did and now all my pictures are gone. Someone help?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @eccino

Before updating firmware a person should really create a back up of the phones info and remove the Sd Card. 

By reformatting a Sd Card you have wiped it so the pictures will be lost. 

I had this happen to me a while ago so I know have Dropbox that my pictures auto copy to now. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

TracyR
Options

Alongside what @BandOfBrothers has said, it's worth checking Google Photos or Samsung Cloud to see if there are any backups of the photos that were lost.

:bear-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Jesson
Apprentice
Options

If there is no backup, I think you can follow this tip to get back you photos: how to recover deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy S9

0 Likes
aikugui
Apprentice
Options

Before you format it, I suggest your taking backup data on it to pc. Cause if the data were formatted, it's impossbile to get them back. You can use Samsung mobile manager to help you back up all data on it within one-click.

0 Likes