Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 18-09-2021 12:57 PM)
RayT1
Apprentice
Options

My phone has started switching itself off so that I have to input my PIN number to re-start it when I attempt to use it. Any simply/obvious reason for this behaviour?

4 REPLIES 4
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RayT1 Hi, put the phone in Safe mode for a few hours and see if the problem persists, if so, find a way to apply Wipe cache partition from Recovery, with great caution.
These reboots could indicate a more serious problem / Battery, motherboard ../, but for now with these steps we will try to diagnose. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
2peas1dong
Journeyman
Options
I mean the phone is pretty old now, I'd say it's time to upgrade. The FE models are a very reasonable price of money is an issue.
0 Likes
RayT1
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for your reply. Sorryit's taken so long to say "thank you".  I was not able to rectify the problembut - surprise, surprise - the phone seems to have repaired itself! I have had no problems for the past few weeks.  We'll see what happens. Again, many thanks.

0 Likes
RayT1
Apprentice
Options

Grateful thanks for yur reply. I was not able to effect any repair myself but, to my surprise, the phone seems to have repaired itself! I have had no further problems for the past few weeks. Again, thank you for taking the trouble to reply. Kind regards.

0 Likes