Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8+ vertical lines on screen

(Topic created on: 02-05-2017 01:39 PM)
seany21
First Poster
Options

Hi

Anyone had vertical lines showing on the right side of the screen? Only had the phone 2 days, and has only appeared today.

Does this sound like a screen issue? Will be going back to see if i can get exchanged but was wondering if anyone has had this issue?

Sean

67 REPLIES 67
Timh1
First Poster
Options

My note 8 just started doing this but I only have one line and its green... My screen is not cracked smshes in any way it works fine but has a single green line down the center of it. I did the test where I dialed *#0*#.  My results are that the green line disappeared in the red, blue, and black screen. But it stayed on the green screen. So if you have my ideas on how I can fix my green line let me know please.

0 Likes
LCD
First Poster
Options

I have SAMSUNG G892A Galaxy S8 Actiive. Had it a month. The bright white line appeared on the right hand side. I called AT&T about a warranty replacement. The customer service person said this defect was only on the S7 and none of have been reported on the S8 Active. She didn't want to replace it. Saying I should contact Samsung. She wanted me to have it replaced by the insurance plan and I objected. At last after almost an hour on the phone arguing that the line was not caused by water damage. It was not caused by dropping. It was not caused by heat. That is was a defective problem with Samsung and its LCD screen. She then said she would send me a replacement. But when I sent back the defective one and it reached the facility in North Carolina, if the line was caused by my misusue of the phone I would have to pay the full price for the new one. I have taken a photo of the line on the LCD just in case I need to file a complaint with the Federal Trades Commission. Why won't Samsung do a recall and fix this? If this is not settled properly this is my last Samsung produce even if they sell a toaster.

0 Likes
Teni
Student
Options
Am having very similar problems right now, it's going over 2 months this is the my second s8plus I have swapped with similar problems, the shop I bought it from refused to change it for me unless I pay for it so right now am just managing the device, Samsung I can really use your help, please help us.
0 Likes
Mattgbcrisp
First Poster
Options

Samsung changed my screen and also changed its battery. Excellent service. See them with all relevant paperwork. All the best

0 Likes
Teni
Student
Options

You don't get me do you? I was told to pay even with my relevant papers 

0 Likes
Gem6155
First Poster
Options

From everything I'm reading, its apparently from water damage (or even excessive humidity), that may actually be separating the display/ screen. Though it seems to be permanent, I'm also reading that the svc screen *#0*# RGB run thru (I've seen someone posted) might help temporarily, but then also reading that running thru it may just be a matter of pushing on the screen where its separating). The bottom line solution seems to be taking advantage of any warranty left & have the extensive/ expensive solution of just having the display replaced - always easier said than done, but everyone also seems to say the problem only gets worse with time. I've actually been looking on eBay for a less expensive way of getting an unlocked s8+ w a minor annoyance in the form of minimal missing pixels, now that I know more about that shady vertical pink line... Figures, after dropping my LG in a sink full of water, that I almost bought into the same issue all over again!

0 Likes
MohammadReza
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I have same problem with my new note8, but it is appear in bright colors. How did you fix this problem? 

Thanks,

0 Likes
LTootington
Journeyman
Options

what if the tests are clear?  Surely someone must know of a software issue regarding this?  Who can clarify?

My phone is 3 years old and no longer in warranty, but I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with the screen, as it reverts back to normal for a couple of seconds after I unlock it.  (Galaxy S8).  It also goes away when I put the brightness on maximum, but that's way too bright and also uses more battery.

0 Likes