Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8+ vertical lines on screen

(Topic created on: 02-05-2017 01:39 PM)
seany21
First Poster
Options

Hi

Anyone had vertical lines showing on the right side of the screen? Only had the phone 2 days, and has only appeared today.

Does this sound like a screen issue? Will be going back to see if i can get exchanged but was wondering if anyone has had this issue?

Sean

67 REPLIES 67
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Hey @Michelleauer! At this point, I'd recommend dropping into one of our Support Centres for an engineer's inspection. To find the closest Support Centre to you, please head to: spr.ly/60108S76r Is there one close by? Let us know how you get on! :robothappy

0 Likes
Cat3
First Poster
Options

My phone became unresponsive. After I hit black I couldn't get off the screen without restarting my phone.

0 Likes
Cat3
First Poster
Options
My phone also still showed the line when the colors showed up
0 Likes
Devildawg98
Student
Options

My S8 just started displaying a single, vertical line overnight. It is visible with all colors, but strongest on the black screen.  Also, the screen would not reset with a tap when testing the black color and I had to use the power switch.

0 Likes
Ali786
Explorer
Options

Good evening @Devildawg98,

I think you should visit a Samsung service centre if there is one close to where you live. 

If you can't get to a Samsung Support centre, please call Samsung customer services and explain what has happened. 

The phone number for Samsung customer service is :

0330 726 7467

0330 726 7864

Hope this helps, good luck.

Best regards,

Ali786
0 Likes
FinancialElk
Apprentice
Options

Is you charger broken? When my s8 plus had lines on the screen the charger was broken at the same time. I used another charger and the lines faded a bit but not entirely.

0 Likes
Ali786
Explorer
Options

Good afternoon FinancialElk,

Yes my charger was also not working properly, I used to have to prop the phone at an angle against the wall to make my phone charge.

I got a new charger but it made no difference to the lines.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Take care and have a wonderful day.

All the best, 

Ali786
0 Likes
GungWahAjung
First Poster
Options

I'm using samsung galaxy s7 edge and have the same problem. But after i using it by looking at hd movie the line dissapear. But now it come again. I think this is a software bug. I hope samsung will fix this.

0 Likes
Michelleauer
First Poster
Options

@GungWahAjung wrote:

I'm using samsung galaxy s7 edge and have the same problem. But after i using it by looking at hd movie the line dissapear. But now it come again. I think this is a software bug. I hope samsung will fix this.

Hi I looked into it further and it turned out to be a feature it's a short cut to apps... I looked on utube to turn it off all fine now...felt a bit daft to be honest ..but happy it's not a fault... give this ago if you haven't already 

0 Likes
Jacobgibson123
First Poster
Options

I got the Samsung s8 4 days ago and I've got a vertical line on the screen I've not dropped my phone or anything I just woke up and it's was like this 

0 Likes