Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S8+ shorting external battery packs....

(Topic created on: 13/12/17 09:31)
RPCSamsing
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I thought I was really unlucky. I tried 3 different battery cases for my S8+ from Amazon. Two different brands. After a couple of uses they failed. No way to charge them. Amazon were great and refunded me. 

This is weekend I used my trusted Anker external battery pack. Had it for years. After charging the s8+ for an hour it was drained. Odd. Normally good for a few charges on my previous phones. 

Got home. Tried to charge it. Nope. Dead. 

So it would appear the S8+ is killing battery packs.

By the way it’s not even the cable as the battery cases don’t use one of course....

I've searched and can’t find anyone else with this issue...thoughts? How do I get Samsung to believe this is happening?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Have you checked any user reviews for those battery packs?

It might be an idea to also contact the Manufacturers of the packs too. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
RPCSamsing
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I guess that is what I was trying to demonstrate. Three different battery packs, two brands. All failed.

Then I use a battery pack that has worked for years with many different phones. First time I use it with my S8+ and it also dies.

Pretty strange coincidence. 

No other reviews on Amazon that I saw said the battery cases were failing in the same way. 

BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

You may get some answers then from a Samsung Experience Store or Service Location. 

Ive watched quite a few YouTube Reviews that includes battery packs and battery cases and they’ve reported no issues. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes