Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 screen replacement

(Topic created on: 18-07-2017 01:21 PM)
Candy2
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

After 4 days of being a Samsung S8 owner, it accidently fell off the chair and cracked....spider web kinda! Considering the height it fell, the crack is super exaggerated. 

I rang my insurance who are happy to replace if I pay the excess fee of £100.  Though I wanted to compare the price before I accept.  So I phoned samsung support to find out how much a screen replacement would cost and they would not give me a quote or price guide.  The customer adviser was just obnoxious.  Anyway they insist I go to a Samsung Repair store and get someone to look at it and then they will give me a quote.  There isnt one near me, it will take me 2 hours to get to the nearest repair centre just to be told how much it costs.

Does anyone here know how much a full screen replacement costs at Samsung? 

thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Morty007
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
just as a guide i've just been quoted £299 for my S7 Edge screen.Highway robbery
0 Likes
sabina_bl
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

geez, i'm a samsung fan for ever, but Apple is replacing the screen with less than £100 for its last device.

how could samsung charge £299 for a S7 edge screen?

anyway, saying this, i just cracked the screen of my S8 this morning and have the same excess fee as you

if you have any updates from repair centre, could you please keep us updated?

thanks

0 Likes
sabina_bl
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

here you go, the reply from repair centre from Reading: 

"Providing there is no further damage to the device, the repair on an S8 screen if £250.00"

i think i'll go with the insurance...

0 Likes