11-05-2017 03:04 PM in
I am considering purchasing a Galaxy S8+ but before I do so I have some questions that i have been trying to get answers for from Samsung (Mandy and Renee....<g>), a Samsung support location and my own provider which have not been answered well enough to allay my fears that i will buy something that doesn't do what my current phone already does.
1. Syncing with Outlook 2007 - calendar, contacts tasks
I use Outlook 2007 as my "PIM" on my laptop. It holds all my contacts, calendars, tasks etc et. My current phone will sync all of these both ways without any problems. Can the S8+ do this ? Note that this is not an exchange server in the "cloud" somewhere.
2. BT Linking to my cars system - Phone Audio, SMS and Emails
There are more than enough posts on US forums about the S8 and S8+ not being able to link to a cars phone kit via bluetooth (the last post I found was 14 days ago from today). Is this a problem ? Does the 8+ have SAP and MAP BT profiles ?
3. App Store payment details ? Can I enter them on an adhoc basis and prevent them from being saved anywhere ?
4. Can I operate it and buy stuff without a google account ?
5. I work away from home so at night in my hotel room I turn my current phone off and plug in the charger. I get no beeps or boops when emails come in (until I turn it on in the morning), and my alarm functionality still works so I don't sleep in! Can I turn the s8+ off and it's alarm functionality still work, and when I plug in the charger does it stay off ? (Unlike my G/F's apple which insists on turning itself back on when she charges it)
Thanks for you help!
18-06-2017 12:29 PM in
How are currently syncing with OL2007?
With regard to the fourth point, there is an option to disable all notifications (Do Not Disturb) during whatever timescale you set that could be used, thus negating the need to turn the phone off, if that helps?
You can also set important people as those who you want to be disturbed by during that time, so family members (for example) can still reach you.
Alarms will still function as expected during the period