16-05-2023 10:57 PM - last edited 17-05-2023 01:24 AM
This morning my cursor on my Galaxy S8 started randomly going back to the beginning of the text field when trying to type SMS messages. This just started happening and I have not had any issues using the SMS messaging on my phone over the five years since I purchased this phone. This also appears to *only* be happening in SMS texting. There seem to be no issues when typing in other apps.
What I have tried so far:
Update: swapped to a Google Messenger app, and the issue appears have resolved the cursor issue, however having issues sending text messages
Solution(?): Wiped the cache partition. so far that has seemed to fix both the cursor issue as well as the sending issue.
How to wipe cache partition:
1. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S8.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up and the Bixby key, then press and hold the power key until the Android logo displays.
3. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition”.
4. Press the Power key to select.
5. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to choose.
6. After the wiping process is complete, “Reboot system now” is the highlight.
7. Then press the Power key to restart your Samsung device.
17-05-2023 05:58 AM in
I experienced this when I activated the Grammerly option in Settings of my Samsung Keyboard.
I ended up turning it off and fully resetting the Samsung Keyboard @sable
Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512Gb in Phantom Black.
The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "