Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 over heating and charging issues

(Topic created on: 25/08/17 13:06)
Arjun
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi Samsung Community, my new Samsung  S8( Bought 3 months ago) started behaving weirdly recently. The phone is not charging and when I insert charging cable official charger the phone is going mad. And most importantly it is becoming burning hot. Literally you can't even touch.I am really terrified and getting scared now Considering note 7 blasting cases. I really don't want take any risk.  I would like to return my phone . Attaching the video and images of the phone behavior. Please suggest the process to return the phone.S8.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Arjun! We take these issues very seriously. Please contact us as soon as possible on 0330 726 7864 (Monday to Saturday | 9am to 6pm) and ask to be transferred to the Product Liaison Team to discuss your case. Please let us know how you get on! 

Arjun
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi Carolina, I have spoken to customer support after long waiting of 20 mins and having a discussion regarding my case with technical support and then to online support, they have transferred me to product liaison team. they have asked me to go to nearest service center to be tested. I really don't get a chance to explain my case and complications for asking return process. They are only insisting me to get it repaired. Is there any way that i can approach correct team address my concern.  I will go to service center anyways if it's where i have to discuss.  I got this phone in London bought from Samsung directly during the launch, i will go back to my country in a month and i really can't take a risk considering it doesn't have international warranty and due to this extremely over heating issues. i am very much keen to return this item. I would really appreciate your help in this matter.

0 Likes
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Hey @Arjun! Thanks for getting back to us. We are sorry it took a while to reach our Product Liaison Team during this busy period. At this point I would recommend visiting one of our Support Centres for an engineer's inspection. You can also directly relay your concerns to our experts in the store, and they will advise you further. Please note, your warranty is repair based, therefore we'd always aim to have our engineers inspect/repair the phone first. If it cannot be repaired we will consider an alternative outcome. Please keep us updated on what happens. 

0 Likes
Arjun
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks Carolina, for your assistance. Through i prefer to refund the phone. i understand the process and submitted the phone into Service center. I have been told that it could be software issue and they will flash the device and have asked me to check for another day. if it continues to happen they will accept for repair. However, I could manage to convince them that the device has a serious problem with its battery and overheating. Upon my insistence, they have accepted the device for running tests/repair.  But they don't seem happy to write the problem as overheating they just written it as battery not charging as shown below. full details will be known tomorrow when they finished repair on the phone. I will come back to you here on how did it go. 

S8_1.JPG

0 Likes