Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8+ does not accept lock pattern.

(Topic created on: 28-11-2019 09:07 AM)
TEmreD
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+. I use pattern and iris detection for unlocking the phone. A few days ago my phone started not to detect the pattern I draw on screen. I tried many times and noticed that the line I draw breaks on the last part of the pattern. I tried to draw wrong patterns and noticed the same. It's like, at the last part, the phone thinks that I lift my finger and start to draw again.

I can unlock the phone with iris detection but it does not work well especially in low light situations. Also whenever an update comes or the phone restarts, it asks the pattern first. So I can not risk powering down my phone. I checked the part of the touchscreen and there is no problem in that area, it works normal except the pattern draw. 

I tried to disable lock pattern but it asks to draw it first, there is no option to use iris detection or google password etc. I just need to disable the pattern or find a fix to draw it again. I'd be glad if you can offer some guidance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You may need to factory reset @TEmreD 

But before that can you get to a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre for them to have hands on ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Check out Find My Mobile @TEmreD.

On there, you can remove the lock. (In this case your pattern lock). Check it out here.

Just scroll down to the 'Unlock My Device' options for help with this. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

You may need to factory reset @TEmreD 

Or perhaps wipe the partition cache, less work then the factory reset :

https://thedroidguy.com/2019/11/samsung-galaxy-note-9-safe-mode-wipe-cache-partition-and-reset-appli...

0 Likes