Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S8+ causes all devices on wifi to stop working

(Topic created on: 22-10-2017 12:19 PM)
Frakius
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

When I connect my S8+ to the router, every device on wifi including the S8+ can no longer connect to the internet, I get connection time outs for all devices. As soon as I turn off wifi on the S8+ all other devices can once again connect and use the internet via wifi. I have rebooted router, rebooted phone and forgotten the wifi and reconnected it, same issue. The router is a BT home hub 4, I have no clue why this is happening ><

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

May I ask what your Internet speeds are @Frakius

Also you could try changing wireless channel and splitting the frequencies in the router to 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and see if choosing between them helps as some devices prefer one to the other. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

0 Likes
Frakius
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

It's a slowish 4mb dsl connection down with only 0.34 up, the wifi speed is reporting at 140mb on 2.4ghz and 180mb on 5ghz. I still had issue when galaxy s8+ was on 5ghz and all other devices where on 2.4ghz. I was wondering if some background service was uploading lots of data and killing the connection on the S8+, as the upload is so small any significant upload makes the download side(web browsing etc) unusable. It could be google photos maybe uploading backup in the background, you can't turn off auto upload anymore over wifi on google photos.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

As your on a very low speed stats then if your connecting multiple devices it's bandwidth may not be coping. 

You could look at turning off the sync preferences whilst on WiFi on the s8. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

0 Likes
Frakius
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Yes it seems the most logical solution, not sure how to monitor what's using wifi in the background on the S8+ I killed all background processes but still was bad, but google photos for instance may be still be running in system?

0 Likes