Support

Open search

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

Highlighted
SOLVED

Hi all since the last update a few weeks ago the volume during a call is really low, I've tried all the trouble shooting and turning up the volume during a call but everything is maxed out. 

This is my work phone and I work for my self so it is very important that I can hear and understand what potential customers are asking me. 

Having the phone in loud speaker just to hear is not good.

My media and other things work fine it's just the ear piece volume that's not working even with pressing the extra volume button during a call nothing changes.

The phones only a few months old I had it the week before official launch.

Argh please help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

96 REPLIES 96
Highlighted

@MGS1 wrote:

Hi all since the last update a few weeks ago the volume during a call is really low, I've tried all the trouble shooting and turning up the volume during a call but everything is maxed out. 

This is my work phone and I work for my self so it is very important that I can hear and understand what potential customers are asking me. 

Having the phone in loud speaker just to hear is not good.

My media and other things work fine it's just the ear piece volume that's not working even with pressing the extra volume button during a call nothing changes.

The phones only a few months old I had it the week before official launch.

Argh please help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Highlighted
Great thank you
Highlighted

Good solution that worked for me!

Highlighted

I'm still having issues with this.

Ive already taking the phone apart, cleaned it, replaced the earpiece a d headphone jack!

I'm pretty sure I've done all the steps for software also. But I'll try again.

Does anyone have a more suggestions?

Highlighted

I had this problem this morning, went through troubleshooting in the end blutac was my answer. The tiny holes in the ear piece must have been blocked. I simply got some blutac pressed over the ear microphone and removed all the dirt out of it and problem solved......😁

Highlighted

Hi

My instructions came from Samsung support and is only good for the particular model of my Galaxy S8. I suggest that you call Samsung support and give them your phone model number. Samsung suppor was very helpful. 

Highlighted

call samsung support and be sure to have your phone model no. when you call

Top Liked Authors