Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

(Topic created on: 22-09-2017 08:26 PM)
MGS1
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi all since the last update a few weeks ago the volume during a call is really low, I've tried all the trouble shooting and turning up the volume during a call but everything is maxed out. 

This is my work phone and I work for my self so it is very important that I can hear and understand what potential customers are asking me. 

Having the phone in loud speaker just to hear is not good.

My media and other things work fine it's just the ear piece volume that's not working even with pressing the extra volume button during a call nothing changes.

The phones only a few months old I had it the week before official launch.

Argh please help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Go to solution
110 REPLIES 110
Members_AzHaHq7
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

OMG.  Such a simple solution and I have been doing my head in about it and tried so many other things and concluded that my S8 is past its use-by date and I needed a new phone.  So simple - thank you!

Yashraj
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you! This worked like a charm! Had I not read this, by tomorrow I'd have for sure ordered a new phone! You just saved some big bucks for me, and let me continue using this wonderful phone!

0 Likes
RELL07
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

this ABSOLUTELY works!   i tried the soft clean of the speaker, a little better, but not great.  you will need to search in Settings for "mute all sounds".  it is a little tricky to find.  Press "M,A,S."  and then unclick it.  Your phone should now work.  

0 Likes
Kevin99
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
I take it you have turned the volume on full whilst on a call.
0 Likes
Tom7
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

After checking all my goggle & Galaxy apps were up to date and downloading the latest OS software and clearing phone & application cache (2hrs) then seen your comment above and looked at my phone and it was the screen protection cover which was covering over the microphone speaker, reducing volume?  (Didn't know whether to laugh or cry)  thanks for your comment, However wish I had seen it earlier ?

0 Likes
wendyann
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Anybody know how i can play music on my s8 please? I have no music player.and it only plays 1 song 😞 T.I.A)
0 Likes
C Andrew Green
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks @evelynp for the post back in '18 menu is s bit different in my S7edge, but doing the  three 'low frequency' tests and then the 'speaker test' restored full loudness on my phone (I had previously checked the speaker with a magnifier and it was completely clear of dust and dirt).

0 Likes
ja50nic
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Been experiencing the same problem for the past few weeks when I read your story about the earpiece the pennycroft and quickly rushed to the bathroom to get a earbud briefly wetted one side the other side dry gave the earpiece on the phone a wipe bingo works pay presto try that

0 Likes
ja50nic
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Use an ear bud bud ☺️

0 Likes
Dubh
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I should have scrolled down sooner. Such a simple tip, thank you!

0 Likes