Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

GALAXY S8 CALL VOLUME VERY LOW

(Topic created on: 18-08-2017 06:07 PM)
rock_roll_5
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

My new S8 call volume is very low, it is almost unusable at time.  I have seen this is ongoing problem with the S8.  Any fixes in place?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

My call volume seemed low on my s8 @rock_roll_5 until I realised it was controlled by turning up the volume whilst in a call. 

Some people have had issues caused by cases , screen protectors and debris or lint in the mic port. Network connection / signal can cause certain issues too. 

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location can run a diagnostic on it. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones

My call volume seemed low on my s8 @rock_roll_5 until I realised it was controlled by turning up the volume whilst in a call. 

Some people have had issues caused by cases , screen protectors and debris or lint in the mic port. Network connection / signal can cause certain issues too. 

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location can run a diagnostic on it. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

RafaC
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
So, I had this same problem with my S9. Many people online were complaining about it and a few even returned their phone. The solution for me was CLEANING THE SPEAKER WITH A TOOTHBRUSH. If you rub it with your nails, you will see dirt coming out, but most of it will still be stuck in the little speaker holes. GET A DRY TOOTH BRUSH AND BRUSH ON IT AND ALSO STICK THE LITTLE TOOTHBRUSH HAIRS IN THERE. It'll unclog the tiny holes and you'll be able to take calls on your phone.
KameshKuppaiah
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you so much, This worked for me!

0 Likes
valerik
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Cleaning speaker with dry toothbrush + vacuum on low power increases volume drastically.

0 Likes