Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 call volume very low

(Topic created on: 03/12/19 20:05)
MGS1
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi all since the last update a few weeks ago the volume during a call is really low, I've tried all the trouble shooting and turning up the volume during a call but everything is maxed out. 

This is my work phone and I work for my self so it is very important that I can hear and understand what potential customers are asking me. 

Having the phone in loud speaker just to hear is not good.

My media and other things work fine it's just the ear piece volume that's not working even with pressing the extra volume button during a call nothing changes.

The phones only a few months old I had it the week before official launch.

Argh please help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution
TheGeniii
Options
Other Smartphones

also had this same annoying issue for a while, The volume is extremely low when calling people to the point where I have to put every call on loud speaker. this problem has only started today for no reason. I have tried restarting my phone and it's still the same. Tried checking online or if anybody  knew were having the same problem or knew how to fix?

Let's try some troubleshooting steps.

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

If those don't help. You can check out the other suggestions here: https://gettechmedia.com/fix-call-volume-low-galaxy-s8-galaxy-s8-plus/

View solution in context

Solution
Shauny_B
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Sounds simple but.

Get some blu tac tac press firmly over the ear piece then take it off.

This piece easily becomes clogged with dirt and dust.

You will probably notice the dirt on the blu tack

Do this a few times and try making a call again.

Thanks

View solution in context

103 REPLIES 103
Zuri10
Options
Other Smartphones
Thank you! This was such an easy fix. I used masking tape instead of the blu tac tac and it worked perfectly for me. I'm so glad that I don't have to take it to the store for repairs or resort to using my earphones every time that I get a call.
0 Likes
Gazza667
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
I would also like to add my thanks. You were spot on with this cure. My S8 has been quiet on call volume for around 6 months. I tried a few things but recently cracked my screen. So was gonna do an insurance claim. But the screen still works ok & i'm due an upgrade in a few weeks. But the last few days the volume has gotten so low ive had to plug my headphones in to hear callers.
I've just stumbled on your topic & low & behold, volume is now restored.
Huge thanks Shauny_B & MGS1 for posting this topic
🙂
Kevin99
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Glad it helped you 

0 Likes
nerdlett0608
Options
Other Smartphones

BINGO. THANK YOU!

MrJess
Options
Other Smartphones

OMG, thank you for the dollar store fix. Couldn't believe it worked so well. Had done all the softwars stuff, even tried vacuming out the earpiece...nothing. Tac...FIXED! the bonus i can stick stuff to the fridge now :smiling-face:

AE23
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

OMG genius. Have had problems for the last few days and despite trying resets/software upgrades nothing helped. Your trick worked straight away. Thank you.

christiexroad
Options
Other Smartphones

wow! I was so sure this wasn't going to work, but it did... so simple. thanks so much. I'm so excited that I can actually hear people again. 😁

MzShelle85
Options
Other Smartphones
What are blue tac tacs
0 Likes
J13
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

It may be an auto correction. Just use tape, I used duct tape. I hope this helps

0 Likes
Shauny_B
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

blu tac is a thing, may depend on what country you are in thou.... its basically blue plasticine (putty), that is mainly used to stick paper or light objects to a wall... look it up on the interwebs, all your answers can be found there :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Shauny_B
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Glad this has worked for so many people, so long after I originally posted it too :smiling-face:

Sharcs
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
I almost ignored this because it sounds so silly but it did the trick. I didn't even see a lot of dust on the blu tack but it fixed it nonetheless. Thanks Mate.
Shauny_B
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
Haha glad u didn't give up on my advice lol
ClarkGolf
Options
Other Smartphones

@Shauny_B wrote:

Sounds simple but.

Get some blu tac tac press firmly over the ear piece then take it off.

This piece easily becomes clogged with dirt and dust.

You will probably notice the dirt on the blu tack

Do this a few times and try making a call again.

Thanks

I made a profile to come back and say thank you specifically to this reply. The blu tak, or 'fun tak' by Loctite I found at TruValue worked perfectly. I started slow but ended up mashing a fresh tiny piece in 30 or so times, every press you could see a few more holes clear out until I had all but one clear. (I would estimate there are 45 holes in that ear speaker screen). I started my phone back up and had to hold it away from my ear when it was on max volume. Worked perfectly, this should be top solution. Press it in there hard many times, it works!!! The 'fun tak' cost 2.99

Shauny_B
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
:smiling-face: - thanks... glad i could help to be honest... it makes me smile every time this advice helps someone
0 Likes
vivi85
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

I can`t thank you enough for this! You helped me to save some money and I was ready to buy a new phone because of this. I like my S8 and I am very happy that I can use it again. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

0 Likes
Arapeanutbutter
Options
Other Smartphones

Yo God dam life saver. Another fixed phone over here.

SimonD
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Perfect solution. Thanks for posting. I never would have thought of it. Phone is crystal clear again.

EWooly
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This happened to me.  I discovered that debris, dust, and skin oil will collect on the speaker grill. Wiping and washing the front of the phone can push the grunge deeper. Put a small syringe of alcohol up to the grill and flush the grill and area behind the grill out. 

My phone is working perfectly again! 

0 Likes
tambellina1
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

it worked!  Thank you!

FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
Other Smartphones

Good solution that worked for me!