Other Smartphones

Hi @Grzegorz79. :robothappy:

And cheers @Leon24xxx :robothappy:

0 Likes
Badboy1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
To be honest I don't think they do l think most if not all the mods are not employed by Samsung but do it voluntarily
0 Likes
Got2trythis
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

A quick guide of the new CSC OXM file and country codes.

OXM was introduced with S8 on Nougat. It contains multi countries code as stated however that is not what your phone CSC is. Dialing *#1234# will display the CSC file name and the generic OXM code. To actually see you CSC, you have to go to Software information and it will show you 3 codes for your phone in the CSC section toward the middle-bottom of the info screen. For example it will display XEU/PHE/O2U or EXU/EXU/O2U

The first code is your current CSC code. This code is used for OTA, bloatware, Samsung Pay. This can change only by inserting a SIM from a country on the list OXM and resetting your phone. The second code is your carrier and it is determine by the current SIM without having to reset your phone. The carrier code determine your language default, region setup for the Galaxy Play Store and carrier specific features such as wifi calling and VoLTE as well as you carrier specific files. The third is your original CSC and that's where you bought your phone. The third code cannot change without rooting or Samsung Service Center. This code is used by Samsung to determine Warranty aligibilty and maybe other stuff by Samsung. So the OTA distribution is controlled by the first code and all the UK testers would have XEU code.

matt_tee1970
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Is it true that the Oreo update has now been pulled by Samsung? 

0 Likes
phk
Navigator
Options
Other Smartphones

@matt_tee1970wrote:

Is it true that the Oreo update has now been pulled by Samsung? 

According to Sammobile.

0 Likes
Badboy1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
Looks like they have
0 Likes
Cyber_Root
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

it could be done something through the bootloader and kernel i just need them dumped files and ill look into it 

In computing, eFuse is a technology invented by IBM which allows for the dynamic real-time reprogramming of computerchips.
By utilizing a set of eFuses, a chip manufacturer can allow for the circuits on a chip to change while it is in operation

The Nintendo Switch and Xbox 360's bootloaders for instance will check the amount of burned fuses before attempting to install new firmware

0 Likes
Helmsman88
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I am in Canada.  I bought a S9 G960F/DS with a CSC of G960FOXM2BRHA and it shows under Software Information that it is XSG, XSG, XSG and About Phone also says it is a UAE phone.  Samsung Pay does not work.  Is there any way to get firmware to change it to a Canadian phone?

0 Likes
phk
Navigator
Options
Other Smartphones

I'm sorry matthew but you are incorrect. Samsung said one day before "general release" . They didn't say one day before "UK Release".

There are multiple people (mostly on Three) who have received it. Now they may, through some quirk) all be running some European CSC, but how likely is that?

It's not impatience, people are disappointed at the lack of respect shown to beta testers. Remember, we were first told that they were aiming for end of January. When that didn't happen a notice went up thanking testers and explaining we would get it twenty four hours early. That notice has been silently removed and we see the update generally released. What are we to think? Will it be days, weeks or months before the beta testers are remembered? 

Samsung need to repair the damage this disrespect has done.

0 Likes
Badboy1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
Actually Samsung said we would receive the update 1 day earlier the notice did NOT say 1 day before the general release so you need to get your facts right.
0 Likes
matthew1990
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

wrote:

I'm sorry matthew but you are incorrect. Samsung said one day before "general release" . They didn't say one day before "UK Release".

There are multiple people (mostly on Three) who have received it. Now they may, through some quirk) all be running some European CSC, but how likely is that?

It's not impatience, people are disappointed at the lack of respect shown to beta testers. Remember, we were first told that they were aiming for end of January. When that didn't happen a notice went up thanking testers and explaining we would get it twenty four hours early. That notice has been silently removed and we see the update generally released. What are we to think? Will it be days, weeks or months before the beta testers are remembered? 

Samsung need to repair the damage this disrespect has done.

Csc's have been changed for example uk used to

Always run btu but now use oxm (16 csc countries in one) general release for each country not entire beta users at one time. As for the notice removals those are timed and always get removed after a set period of time.

0 Likes
Outercarnival39
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

My card isn't contactless.

And also samsung did lie. One of my friends on three received the update, without being a beta tester. That's why they removed the message in beta notices that said that they would release the update the day before, because that was no longer the case.

phk
Navigator
Options
Other Smartphones

wrote:

My card isn't contactless.

And also samsung did lie. One of my friends on three received the update, without being a beta tester. That's why they removed the message in beta notices that said that they would release the update the day before, because that was no longer the case.

I have a colleague on Three who also received it. I wouldn't say Samsung lied; I would say it's all a muddle.

Outercarnival39
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Still doesn't change the fact that it was released earlier. Also the removal of the beta notice is still quite suspicious, even if this was a "muddle". I think they had to ditch their plans to give the final release a day earlier to beta testers.

I mean, a day earlier is bad enough, but getting it later than everyone else is just pushing it. Last beta it was released weeks in advanced for nougat testers.

Outercarnival39
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Does twrp trip Knox?

0 Likes
Got2trythis
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

wrote:

Does twrp trip Knox?

Yes. Why do you want to use it? 

0 Likes
Leon24xxx
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

It will trip Knox. My advice is NOT to use it.

I guess that you want to update using either rom image or update file (zip). 

If yes then just boot to standard recovery and select update from sd. Just make sure that update file is already on sd card.

Leon24xxx
0 Likes
Badboy1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
If you use it correctly it will not trip knox
0 Likes
Got2trythis
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

wrote:
If you use it correctly it will not trip knox

TWRP? Yes it will trip the Knox. There is no correct or incorrect way with custom recovery. Custom Recovery will trip the Knox. Some people use custom kernel to fake the Knox counter and people think that works. It only fools some apps but the real hardware Knox viewable in the download mode will be tripped. That's what Samsung use to check on the Knox status.

0 Likes
Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Other Smartphones

So thats why better wait for OTA 

To many things to lose 

0 Likes
Got2trythis
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

wrote:

So thats why better wait for OTA 

To many things to lose 

He is talking about TWRP. You DO NOT need TWRP and should not use TWRP. Just follow the instructions here and not on XDA. 

The update is done with Samsung Stock Recovery and there aren't too many things to do and it will NOT trip your Knox and it will not erase your data. If you don't know what stock recovery is and how to get to it, please wait for the OTA. I assumed that all beta testers should know how to get and use the recovery mode since you would have had to use it multiple times to clear the cache which seemed to be the only solution Samsung offered during the beta 🙂 

0 Likes