Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S7 won't connect to Windows 10 laptop

(Topic created on: 03/11/20 10:09)
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi I have the UK version of the Galaxy S7 SM-G930F on the O2 network running Android 6.0.1

Baseband:- G930FXXU1BPJG

Build :- MMB29K.G930FXXS1BPLD

I have tried to connect it to windows 10 using both Smart Switch and Kies 3 and both time my laptop doesn't seem to recognise the handset. When i plug in my Samsung USB cable the handset charges but nothing else happens. I don't even get an error message saying my handset can't be recognised.

I have updated Kies too the latest version and the USB drivers.

Any ides / solutions to my problem?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
Options
Other Smartphones

lovely, thanks!!!

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Awesome. Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------Signature------------------------------------------------------------

[US only] Save on your online purchases with the cashback site trusted by 10 million users

0 Likes
Options
Other Smartphones

For those that are stuck after trying everything else:

"For Windows 10 version 1903 and later, you can add the Media Feature Pack by going to Start Settings > Apps > Apps and features > Optional features > Add a feature, and then locate Media Feature Pack in the list of available optional features."

For some ridiculous reason Windows won't let you connect your mobile devices without that pack installed.

I learned this after HOURS of trying different things. 

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks a lot for tour replies, guys! I got Galaxy S7 here (https://www.bestadvisor.com/android-phones ) and was surptised that it needed to update something

0 Likes