Support

Open search

Galaxy S7 skips/misses calendar notifications after 3 days of rest

Highlighted
SOLVED
Explorer

Hello, 

My Galaxy S7 running Nougat and all other updates and of course factory reset still skips/misses my calendar notification if I haven't created or edited in the calendar for about 3 days.  When I notice that the phone missed a notification , the only thing I have to do to get the notification is to edit any calendar event in the calendar.

I do not have any  batterysaving mode active but do have the calendar and calendar saving as not optimized

Where do I go wrong or is this normal?

RobbanH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

After some research I found that I'm not the only one with this problem , have a good look in the Google calendar forum.  This is a pretty well known  problem in Andriod 6+  but so far Google has not done anything to solve it , shame on you .Also shame on the manufactures support teams ,that have made us to put many hours in reseting phones and also missing important meetings without telling us that there is not really much we can do to solve the problem , it is all up to Google or the manufacturer to fix this problem.

A Quick fix is to install Calendar Notification Plus that triggers the notifications in a different way than the Andriod system.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Explorer

After some research I found that I'm not the only one with this problem , have a good look in the Google calendar forum.  This is a pretty well known  problem in Andriod 6+  but so far Google has not done anything to solve it , shame on you .Also shame on the manufactures support teams ,that have made us to put many hours in reseting phones and also missing important meetings without telling us that there is not really much we can do to solve the problem , it is all up to Google or the manufacturer to fix this problem.

A Quick fix is to install Calendar Notification Plus that triggers the notifications in a different way than the Andriod system.  

View solution in original post

Top Liked Authors