Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S7 Oreo: Phone Application Doesn't Remember Selected Tab as Default

(Topic created on: 23-09-2018 11:24 AM)
Rational
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

The Phone app was updated to Version 3.0.30.10 a couple of days ago and since then whenever I open it the Recents tab is always displayed rather than the Contacts tab, even after I have manually selected the Contacts tab, closed the application, and then reopened it. The previous version was a bit hit and miss, but most of the time remembered the user selection. This failure to remember the previously selected user preference is intensely annoying and I can only assume is the result of a bug.

In case it made a difference, I have cleared the application's cache but stopped short of also clearing the data because the effects of this are not clearly documented and I fear obliterating my contacts. In any case, if such an intervention was necessary to preserve correct functioning users should be informed at the time that the upgrade was offered.

There appears to have been a failure to provide basic functionality. So much for an upgrade: it seems that Samsung, or Google or whomever is responsible is running backwards!

Any advice on how to implement a fix would be appreciated. Failing that please arrange a bugfix and point release asap.

3 REPLIES 3
stoffe
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Great post, I wonder this as well. Irritating the hell out of me...

Don't care about my recent calls, want to reach my contacts directly when I open the app.

Rational
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I've just received an e-mail asking whether I've received the reply I needed. The answer is of course a resounding 'No' in that no one from Samsung has replied, explaining how to fix this issue, or as is more likely to be necessary, when a bug fix is to be issued. Am Ilikely to get a reply or is my question just too hard for the hard-pressed developers?

Rational
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Still not fixed! Do Samsung and/or Google agree that they released an update with a major bug in it or not? If they do agree why has no fix been distributed several weeks after I reported the problem?

I'm not impressed with the obvious lack of agility and the absence of customer focus.