Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7. old?

(Topic created on: 17-03-2023 02:09 PM)
foxy_cola13
Journeyman
Options
Is it just me or are there way too many Samsung phone "generations" I have an S7 and that works fine. I don't get why the new brands are bigger. Surely Samsung have sense. An S7 fits in a pocket with a bulcky case. Bigger phones don't do that.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
My S23 Ultra inc case fits nicely in my back pocket thanks. When I compare mine to my old S8+ there really is a world of difference. The S8+ looks microscopic and i wonder how i ever managed to read the screen lol. Maybe you need bigger pockets 😄😄😄
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I understand why you prefer the smaller phones. Your not alone on this either. I wasn't too keen to begin with. Over time I just got use to using a bigger phone. When I look at my sons iPhone 12 mini, I just don't think I could back to a small screen display. It would be nice to have that choice though for many who like the smaller form factor.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Market trends are demanding larger devices.
That said you can still get great quality smaller devices.
S23 for a start.
You've done well keeping the S7 going all these years.
I had one and it was just right really
But now I'm so used to larger phones now, and they feel like the norm
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@foxy_cola13  yes some people are fine with older models  which may be generally more compact, the current market though is dominated by larger devices.  This is due to consumer demand and marketing.   Nowadays  an increasing number see their phone as their main personal device and so the situation is a bit different and for them often a smaller device would not cut it.

As for their being too many generations  whilst there may have been some challenges in the Tech world it does seem sustainable  and commercial interest/innovation means there is always something new on the horizon.

However as has been mentioned there are some compact devices,  you have got a lot of use out of the S7 😊

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

foxy_cola13
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for the explanation
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's a matter of personal taste and wants and needs @foxy_cola13 

Many like the way they can use the standard size one practically handed although Samsung did introduce a feature on the bigger phobes to bring the display down to a smaller size to allow one handed usage  👍 

I had the Samsung Galaxy s⁷ Edge and liked that phone.

Samsung typically releases x3 varients of its flagship phone's with one being a standard size option.

i.e 

Ultra model , + model and a standard model.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Options
Hello, if your looking for a "smaller up to date phone" I recommend these phones. Samsung galaxy s8, samsung galaxy s9 and the samsung galaxy s10e. But if your looking for a decently good budget phone from samsung, I highly recommend the samsung galaxy j6+.