Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s7 Edge with wifi calling

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 07:20 PM)
VosperD
First Poster
Options
  • I see this subject was discussed a year or two back. I wonder if any more light has  been shed on the topic.

At the moment I am with Tesco payg which does not support WiFi calling. I understand it may  not be supported by payg anyway.

When I investigated changing to  another network that does I read that although the S7 Edge was listed it said that with some versions of the S7 edge it did not work.

Having followed instructions on how to  activate it I was unable to  find the option on my phone.

My question is: Does this option appear if I insert a sim from a suitable network, or should i see the option on my phone anyway even though I can't activate it. If so where would it be?

From what i understand neither Samsung or the network operators  seem to  be very helpful in this matter.

No much point in changing networks if it's not going to  work, might as well buy a new phone.

Don

Bristol UK

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
VosperD
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply. I've been through all the menus and can't find any mention of Wifi  calling so  I guess its not there.

I understand that Tesco is one of the providers that  does not support this. They will  probably eventually get round to  it but may not with payg anyway.

I am new  to  smartphones, being retired I have not had the need for one  but I'm finding that it's getting to the stage that they are becoming essential to everyday life.

I used to  get a really good signal at home with Tesco but seems to  be getting weaker. Not just on the Tesco network. Others like EE and Vodaphone are the same.

Many thanks

Don

0 Likes