Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S6

(Topic created on: 11-04-2017 10:06 PM)
NEILMUFC
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Lost the "sdbackup" file today which has all my pics and videos in it. Have never had this problem in 8 years of owning a samsung. What on earth have I done and can I retrieve all my stuff ? I cannot find the file in any trash folder. Please help !

6 REPLIES 6
Bades1978
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Ok first of all where was it backed up to? the phone/sd card?

0 Likes
NEILMUFC
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Well here comes the "I'm an *****" bit.

The File has always been called 'sdcardbackup' in the MY FILES section of the phone.

But the S6 doesnt have an SD Memory Card Slot, otherwise I could just simply remove the cardand try it on another device, or retry on the S6.

Thats why I am confused.

0 Likes
Bades1978
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Oh ok I skipped the S6 myself so didn't know about the SD card, did you have any backup setup on the phone like to the Samsung account or google that would have those backed up? (hopefully a S6 user may help on thread) 

0 Likes
NEILMUFC
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Well thats what I am hoping.

I am home on Saturday when I will have access to my laptop. Another user has suggested logging into Samsung Kies and it should all be there hopefully. I really need to educate myself on GOOGLE DRIVE storage etc so this never happens again.

Although I dont have all that I lost backed up on usb memory sticks, I do have most, so its not a complete disaster, just a rather harsh lesson in making sure my things are always backed up, and how 'Cloud Storage works'.

Thanku for taking the time to help and for not trashing me for my *****ity lol

0 Likes
Bades1978
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Always here to help others, never be worried to ask for help on such, if it is mostly photos you wish to keep safe use Google drive have a read over another post I did for someone a while back it may be some help https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Google-photos-app/m-p/177249#U1772... :smiling-face:

0 Likes
muddyboots
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
At the moment my S6 is "flashing" and trying to connect to the local Wifi. It will not allow me to turn off or restart. Pressing the on/off the "SAMSUNG name appears , pulsing, and after a bout 20 seconds it reverts to the flashing screen
0 Likes