Original topic:

Galaxy s6 smart lock problem

(Topic created on: 23-05-2018 06:18 PM)
Ummagumma
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi

Today I went to adjust the trusted places option on smart lock but it's missing.

The only options I get are on body detection, trusted devices and voice match. Trusted places was there yesterday.20180523_171752.png

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ummagumma
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

The trusted places hard reappeared in the smart lock settings. The only thing I did was delete the location in Google maps and re set it. Then rebooted the phone, it then told me home address had been changed in trusted places. I accepted this and looked in smart lock and everything was back to normal. Hope this helps other people with this problem.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Ummagumma

That's the same on my s8 on Oreo. 

Seems from a Google Search we are not alone. 

That said I found the feature to be a hit and miss affair. 

Trusted-places-seems-removed-smart-lock-option

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
Ummagumma
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi BandOfBrothers,

Thanks for your reply, seems we'll have to wait for them to sort it then. Like you say it was quite hit and miss to be honest.

Do you know if it was the recent Google service update that removed it?

0 Likes
Solution
Ummagumma
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

The trusted places hard reappeared in the smart lock settings. The only thing I did was delete the location in Google maps and re set it. Then rebooted the phone, it then told me home address had been changed in trusted places. I accepted this and looked in smart lock and everything was back to normal. Hope this helps other people with this problem.

View solution in context