Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Stuck part way through Restart

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 12:21 AM)
PaulF
Journeyman
Options

Phone working normally. Fully charged.

Then, took photo tried sharing with another mobile via Messages. Send failed. Tried again. Failed again. Thought I'd try again tomorrow.
Separately, tried resetting password on a laptop website. Involved sending me a text code to mobile phone which never arrived.
Two problems with Messages/Text in quick succession made me check connections which seemed OK, so tried restarting mobile.
Pressed power button and selected 'Restart'.
Restart stuck on black screen with single word Samsung and blue LED both flashing.
Re-booted variety of ways but keeps getting stuck at same point. 
Only way to switch off is press power and volume down until screen goes blank. Let buttons go and battery charging info pops up before disappearing with red LED light. Assume this means mobile off and charging. Then LED goes green meaning mobile off and fully charged??
Pressing power simply starts mobile until it gets stuck on single word Samsung and blue LED both flashing again
How do I get back into phone
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PaulF
Journeyman
Options

Thanks again for input. Appreciate everyone's efforts

I've tried everything suggested (here and elsewhere) and it continues to freeze same place. I gotta move on so just bought new phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If a Soft Reset or Hard Reset  do not work then if you can visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for technical support @PaulF 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
PaulF
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Appreciate response. Soft reset takes me back to black screen with single 'Samsung' and blue LED flashing. Won't take me as far as being able to sign in to home screen. Hard reset seems to want to wipe everything which I'm reluctant to do until I've explored any other suggestions. Does wiping cache partition do anything (saw that somewhere)?

0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there!

Maybe give Safe Mode a go. Turn your phone off, and then press and hold Power+Home. Once you see the Samsung screen, keep holding the home button but release the Power button. This should get you into safe mode.

Hope this helps! 🙂
0 Likes
PaulF
Journeyman
Options

Tried with power lead and without as this seems to make a difference sometimes. Just re-boots back the where I'm stuck. Thanks for suggestion

0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there!

Sorry that wasn't much help. Maybe do your first suggestion and try wiping your cache partition, as I've had a couple updates where my phone froze up and clearing the CP fixed it. To do this, make sure your phone's off, and then hold down Power+Home+VolUp. Once you see the Samsung screen, release the Power button, this should get you into the Recovery Menu where you can use your volume keys to navigate. Also, there's an option in recovery called "Lacking Storage Mode" which might be worth a go too if you had a lot of files stored on your phone.

Also, if you manage to get back into your phone, connect your phone to your computer and run a Smart Switch backup.

Hope this helps, and keep being awesome!
Tom 🙂
0 Likes
Solution
PaulF
Journeyman
Options

Thanks again for input. Appreciate everyone's efforts

I've tried everything suggested (here and elsewhere) and it continues to freeze same place. I gotta move on so just bought new phone.

0 Likes