Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s5 black text in settings

(Topic created on: 18-08-2020 10:50 AM)
marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
Hi guys. I gave my sister my spare phone, an s5. She showed me the other day that although the text on the home screen is white, when you go into settings, the text options are all black on a dark background so pretty unreadable.

I tried a different background, no better. I looked into display, couldn't see anything that changed it. 

Any thoughts m
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AsadM
Options

Hi @marc-knuckle 

Thanks for getting in touch. It does sound like the theme on the phone is providing the dark background/font. You can try changing the theme to see if this gives a better viewing experience when your sister goes into settings or any other page. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
cheers. i need to speak to her later. just so i can give her any other options if it's not that, could it be anything different do you think?
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

No worries, @marc-knuckle. I don't think it's anything else as some themes do have a darker background and if one of these is applied, it'll need changing to something less restraining on the eyes. There won't be any other setting that will affect the colour or presentation of the background. Do let us know how your sister gets on with this and if she needs any other help, just give us a shout. 

0 Likes
marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
cheers
0 Likes