Eck1955
Navigator
Options
Hope when it's released samsung allow for an SD Card again
16 REPLIES 16
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It was an android update which changed this, not Samsung. The funny thing is, Samsung are one of the only manufacturers who even kept support this long and THE only one of the significant competition.

I'm not saying this out of brand loyalty, but the fact is sd cards serve little value with mobile phones today in contrast to high speed Internet streaming and downloads. The market use for them is niche and the fact that the majority of the market NEVER used or had support for them internally is just reality.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
No, Motorola and Nokia still allow it even with Android 11
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Widgets do too, but fact is android pretty much dumped natively supporting it many iterations ago.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Widgets? I'm on about running apps from MicroSD and storing app data on it too, not just file transfer. It's Samsung's policy change, not Google. Also OPPO are fast becoming #1 globally https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20210511006500320
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The ability is still there which is why Motorola and Nokia phones can still store apps without any problem on MicroSD, Samsung Knox manifest disables it though even if you toggle this on

Screenshot_20210512-100539_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Same with wqhd on the smaller s series will be forced into buying a tablet as my next phone
0 Likes
Moyah8
Voyager
Options
Had the S8, then upgraded to S9, then the S20 then the S20+ and finally the S20 Ultra.... at the time of upgrading to the Ultra, 2 weeks ago, I could have gotten the S21 series device, but I refuse to because of the lack of SD card.

I do not want to rely on another service (cloud storage) for my files and photos. I want the ease of just popping a card into a new phone as simply as just moving a book from one shelve to another! This cloud storage option is just a lure to later charge us for storage. I'll not fall for it, and think I'll be rocking this S20 Ultra ( which by the way is a awesome device) for awhile yet.