antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I highly doubt the slot will return
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
You can use an SD Card on any Samsung S series phone.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Not any S21, Samsung removed the component from the entire S21 range. The last to have the MicroSD slot were the S20 phones
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
But you can still use one with it via USB c
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yeah but it's not exactly ideal is it? You can't walk round with a card reader dangling from the phone
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's small enough to keep on a key chain, not a huge inconvenience if you really want it. I think people keep making a deal out of it when 90% of users (maybe more) never feel the need for it even though its still there in one form. If it really was a problem then the IPhone has proven at a minimum 51% of the UK don't think so (according to market share).

I have the note 10+ 5G 512GB and a 512GB SD Card installed. I didn't really care that the S21 Ultra has no SD Card slot because it really isn't a big deal. Having to put the SD Card in externally has its advantages to be honest. The only reason having an sd card was useful in my opinion was that apps used to install on them. Hasn't been the case for years and so I see the obsolescence of it.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
That ship has sailed
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yep like the Titanic it was a one way trip
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Other manufacturers still allow installation of apps to MicroSD card, it's only Samsung with Knox that doesn't. I guess some Samsung folk are like Apple fans, they'll put up with inconvenience because it's a Samsung...