Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Series - What do you want to see?

(Topic created on: 27-09-2021 06:47 AM)
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Morning all,

Thought I'd scribble out a quick post to the community with regards to the next Samsung Flagship - likely to be called the Galaxy S22.

Seeing as Samsung seem to base a LOT of their features off of things that come up on this community, I thought it might be a good idea to get everyone's input on what we want to see on the Galaxy S22 Series, to make this the best Samsung phone ever!! I'd love to see everyone's thoughts below - hopefully Samsung reps will see this post and pull our feedback into the final product.

This post was motivated by a post shared by another community member regarding the removal of the IR Blaster. I agree with this community member, therefore here's a list of stuff I'd love to see on the Galaxy S22:
  • Return of the microSD Card Slot - I understand that SD cards can be slow and unreliable, however I'd still like a choice whether I want a card or not, as opposed to having the slot removed. This is a crucial thing to me, that could result in my next phone not being a Samsung phone.
  • Return of the IR Blaster - I'd love to have a phone that can be a Universal Remote Control as well. If nothing else, there were definitely some great times to be had at school and college with the IR Blaster on my phone and the projectors!
  • Offer a free charger with the handset, even if it's not in the box - I understand the eco-benefits around removing the charger from the box, however, if it's purely an eco-benefit, I feel Samsung should offer the option of a free charger per phone. Maybe offer a scheme so that each phone is eligible for one free charger, which can be redeemed at any point throughout the supported life of the phone. This would mean that this offer doesn't necessarily need to be redeemed at the time of purchase. This would be a HUGE win for customers AND the environment!
  • Dual USB-C ports - with the removal of the headphone jack, I feel that offering Dual USB-C ports on a handset might be the way to go! This enables people who charge their phone with a wire to plug accessories into their phone while charging.
  • Keep the hole-punch selfie camera, it offers much better quality than an under-screen camera!
I'd love to see everyone else's thoughts/feature requests in the comments - hopefully Samsung can address some of these on the next release!

Best wishes,
Tom 🙂
15 REPLIES 15
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Basically I want to see slightly bigger battery life not that the s21 is bad it was just be nice to have even more, I want it to retain adaptive 120hz and not just fixed 120hz as rumoured, and I would like to see an e model none of this FE nonsense, other than that I don't think you can really improve on the s21 if I'm honest
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@CrazyTom2k2  Realise there is demand  for an SD card slot but not sure if that likely to return to the flagship models and there is a move to entice customers into cloud based services.  However in their absence I would like to see  larger  internal storage option , more powerful battery  faster charging  and future camera enhancements though perhaps more on the   software side.  I have mentioned some things previously and there was talk  of a tie up with Olympus with in-body image stabilization ,though it may not necessarily come in time for the S22 https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/uk/news/olympus-to-make-camera-phones-with-samsung-report 

Agree with a lot of your points though and would like dual USB-C ports ,whilst a free charger (which you could take out at a later date) would be welcome and having the IR blaster again would be cool 😁  Not overly keen on the the FE phones but seems some market for them, they usually come out at a later date though.  

Some  all of this met  in the latest speculation  https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/galaxy-s22-rumors-samsungs-new-flagship-could-come-in-green-and-dar... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Missed this earlier but need to report that that Olympus has poured cold water on talk of a link up with Samsung ,so would seem that is off the cards. However there may have been earlier discussions. 

https://www.androidauthority.com/olympus-samsung-partnership-denial-3027742/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would like to see Samsung release all new flagship models with the Qualcomm SnapDragon soc , as these in my opinion optimise better currently than the Exynos version.

I agree that it's unlikely we'll see the return of a Sd card option, however I respect people's needs for one. 

I would like to see enhanced cooling systems in these phone's especially with all the processing these mini computers do now.

I'd like to see this become the new Hybred phone that merges the Note and S series line so including an inbuilt silo on the s22 for an sPen would be welcomed.

I think we'll then see the current specs on the Samsung Galaxy s21 refined and enhanced when put into the s22.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Ooohhh, never even thought of that one! Snapdragon on all handsets would be great! Sammy have started to close the gap, but the Qualcomm SoCs have always been more efficient. Don't know if it's anything to do with the different cell bands etc, but maybe Samsung could design a coprocessor or something for that 🙂.

I also understand that we might not see the SD Card Slot on another Samsung phone. It'll be a bugger, but hey ho, if there's improved battery life then I can mirror the phone to my server instead of backing up to the SD card.

And I also agree with that one - pop a Silo into the S22, or even bring out another Note! 🙂
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah, you're right there - everyone wants everyone using cloud. I mean, the loss of an SD Card Slot will be a big inconvenience, but I've got a personal server that I back up to as well, so I can look at backing up the rest of my phone's contents this way too!

Battery life improvements would defo be appreciated. Interesting you should point out a partnership with a Camera company. Shame that they can't partner with Olympus - wonder if Samsung could end up partnering with Nikon or Canon? I mean, I know the phone would be thicker, but I really like the idea of having a DSLR built into my phone!

One other thing I'd really like to see - RAW photos in standard mode. This'll make my life much easier when I want to Photoshop the amazing photos these phones can take.

Don't think I've ever owned an FE phone - they always make me think of the Note7 FE! Honestly, I think Samsung's line might be getting a bit fragmented. It started with the S10 - we ended up with about 5 different models calling themselves the S10 all released at different times. Maybe Samsung need to look at releasing 4 phones like this:

S22 Lite - Bare essentials of the S22 for a low price
S22 Base - Smaller handset with more of the fancier features of the S22
S22 Plus - Midsized handset with a larger battery than the S22
S22 Ultra - the Note22, the ultimate phone with an S-Pen silo, the largest size and the largest battery.
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
I see where you're coming from here - Adaptive 120Hz is defo the way to go! Let's not chew through the battery with fixed 120Hz.

I also agree with you with the whole FE thing here!
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I find with the E series you got less but what was actually there was high quality, with the FE you got everything but it was all c r a p I mean the fact it didn't have a light sensor at that price it should be illegal lol
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@CrazyTom2k2 yes Sd cards slot slots bit of a gripe for some however other backup options are available. You should be well placed with your personal server 😀.   A  partnership with another camera firm in the future would be appealing, think an  DSLR type solution would be challenging though.  A hybrid Note/S22 supposedly on cards mind you https://www.t3.com/news/intriguing-samsung-galaxy-s22-leak-suggests-design-change-note-fans-will-lov... 

@BandOfBrothers   I think the latest Exynos processor was improved quite a bit however Snapdragon processes still more efficient and that would likely be a popular move.

0 Likes