Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Note 8 software update 19th August 2022

(Topic created on: 21-08-2022 07:10 PM)
Members_VPloBeJ
First Poster
Options

Hi I am tryng to contact Samsung about this but all I can find is this forum. I recieved an update for my Note 8 the other day (19th August 2022). it said it was something to do with GPS stability being improved. The thing is I am now concerned that this isn't a genuine update as since updating the phone, I have read that the note 8 hasnt had any official support or updates since 2019? Has my phone software been hacked somehow? it still seems to work perfectly ok for now. I'm just wondering if I should be concerned.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
CPY
Student
Options
I think it's genuine, just googled it and it's also on the news: https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-8-gets-gps-stability-improvements-with-new-2022-update/
Tessiebear
First Poster
Options
If I was you, I'd try contacting Samsung directly about it again. I can't even work out how to accept incoming calls! My dear old Nokia died (replacement battery no longer available sadly) and now I can't even find out from Samsung or anyone how to answer calls! I'm feeling really frustrated. If you have the answer, please be a sweetheart and let me know! Thanks and best wishes, Tess
0 Likes
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
You need to swipe on the green telephone botton
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I'm sure it's genuine too. If it's come from your phone and not an advert from one of your apps you'll be ok. You should easily be able to tell the difference.
0 Likes