Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 8 OS issue still at 7.1.1

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 10:44 AM)
KrityFlair
First Poster
Options

Hello all,

I have purchased this galaxy note 8 with preorder in Qatar (august 2017), but only used it in india.

It has never had a software update. if i try manually it says "Latest update already installed". Tired both soft and hard resets. tried with Kies and samsung switch.

I have been dissapointed at lack of update but was unwilling to do non conventional methods to flash the OS.

but recently my phone has started getting hanged, and online reading of this forum and samsung website says that it due to "old OS"

I want to know if trying to flash by Odin will erase data. And if anyone else has such an issue and what they are doing to solve it?

SW version: N950FXXU1AQH9/N950FOXM1AQH9/N950FXXU1AQH9

TIA

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

Yes, flashing will erase data.  But that might even be helpful, gives you a clear start with the new os. Do a backup before the flashing. If you don't want to do it yourself bring the phone to samsung, they can do that.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@KrityFlair wrote:

I have purchased this galaxy note 8 with preorder in Qatar (august 2017), but only used it in india.

It has never had a software update. if i try manually it says "Latest update already installed". Tired both soft and hard resets. tried with Kies and samsung switch.

I have been dissapointed at lack of update but was unwilling to do non conventional methods to flash the OS.

And if anyone else has such an issue and what they are doing to solve it?

As to the general question of changed region code vs updates see the similar case Samsung-Galaxy-S8-not-receiving-updates

0 Likes