Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Note 5 in the UK SM-N920A update it to Android 6 Marshmallow?

(Topic created on: 04-01-2017 11:37 AM)
Johnrichs
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a Galaxy Note 5 in the UK, SM-N920A is there anyway for me to update it to Android 6 Marshmallow? It won't do it automatically.

Thanks

John

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
It is strange because Verizon and Sprint have their own model numbers, N920V and S respectively and they are available to download online. Nevertheless, I also found the firmware for the AT&T model. galaxynote5update.com is as convenient as it gets! they're full instructions and downloads on there. I am currently at work, and cannot download it myself to make sure it is legit but it seems to be.
0 Likes
Johnrichs
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks a lot for your help. I've had a look at that site, will I be able to use that in conjunction with SmartSwitch or will I need to use Odin or similar?

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Smart Switch isn't going to work, my colleague has a T-Mobile US Note5 and he is also still on 5.1.1
If you download the firmware .zip file, extract the .md5 file you should be able to flash that using Odin.
It has step by step instructions on how to flash it. and it all seems as it should be. I've included the link, saves me just writing it all out. plus it has visual *****.
http://www.galaxynote5update.com/how-to-install-galaxy-note-5-factory-stock-firmware/
0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
the website doesn't like me saying "visual a id s" for some reason? I wasn't swearing, I promise. lol
Johnrichs
First Poster
Options

Hi thanks very much once again, I'm downloading the firmware and those instructions look pretty foolproof. If you've got a place to download it more easily let me know. The linked site wants to charge me or take 12 hours! Oh well, I've waited a while anyway!

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
My go to for stock firmware is usually sammobile.com, which I know have a premium account for anyway, but they're not bad even without the "fast download"
or youmobile.org/samsung have everything listed for all their devices. except neither have the AT&T firmware! its so strange. Glad I could help! hope it all works out for you!
MarcusHJ
0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

It's great to see Users helping each other out - we certainly hope this works for you! 

We just have to point out for other members of the Community that the Note5 is not an EU device and that downloading and adding software in this way does void the warranty of the phone. 

Happy posting! :robotvery-happy:

ruslanlotockui
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
DarkMatter1122
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am looking to purchase an SM-N920A unlocked model from China. Does it work on all UK networks? Which one do you use with it? Do you get the same coverage on it as other UK mobile phones?

Thank You

0 Likes
Johnrichs
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've had a few of these, the A in the number stands for AT&T but once unlocked they work fine on all UK networks, they are great phones. It is a Galaxy Note 5.

John

0 Likes