Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy note 3, Keyboard not functioning..help please.

(Topic created on: 11/03/17 01:40)
Dlgos
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi I've owned my galaxy note 3 from new, yes it's several years old now, but it's in perfect condition and just had a new battery and all was fine, up until a few hours ago.  

My phones in sleep mode and I wake it up, I try to send and SMS the keyboard pops up as normal, I begin to type, it's highlighting the keys I'm pressing but nothings being written down!

So I tried going through some other apps using in game chat features and same thing, your typing is registered but nothing is being recorded down.  So tried a messaging app and same again.  Doesn't matter if your using s-pen for handwriting or the predictive text it won't register.

I've gone through app manager, keyboard, and cleared the cache.   Nothing.   If I restart the phone nothing's changed.  Only when I either remove the battery or switch off for a minute when it restarts am I able to type again.!  But then soon as phone goes into sleep mode and reawakens I'm back to square one! No writing again.

any help would be most appreciated thanks.

Dan.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi there @Dlgos! :smileyhappy:

Was anything changed on the phone recently, e.g. a software update or app?

And does the same thing happen in Safe Mode?

0 Likes
Dlgos
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi,  nope nothing changed at all.  It's not like it's loaded with apps either.   I tried several attempts to soft reset but same thing it works fine until the phone goes into sleep mode, then soon as it wakes it won't or wouldn't type.  So I then tried to transfer my photos from my phone (over 400) but it wouldn't transfer a single photo to my pc via the cable it just kept "not responding". So I gave in, and done a full hard reset and wiped the phone.   Fingers crossed it's cured the issues but at the expense of loosing every photo, file, phone numbers and apps! I did have some data backed up in google accounts but not all.

0 Likes
Dlgos
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

OK it's been 5 days and I'm back to square 1 again.  Soon as phone goes into sleep mode it will not register anything from the keyboard... I haven't updated anything it's only got basic apps installed less than 20% of total memory used.  Short of taking  hammer to it I'm at my wits end!

0 Likes
JessL
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

If you've performed a Factory Reset, @Dlgos, then we think the best thing to do next is pop into one of our Service Centres so that an Engineer can take a look. 

We'd recommend contacting our Support Services in order to arrange this. 

We hope this is sorted for you pronto! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes