Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy J7 16GB , No storage

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 05:56 PM)
kiwi43
Journeyman
Options

I have no storage space left in my mobile.  I have erased everything possible, emptied cache etc. 
Do i gain more space by placing in a new bigger memory card, for example 64GB? There  are 2 slots for memory cards, meaning that there is one free area for a second card. Will it work?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
a memory card will only allow you to transfer photos and some apps over freeing your internal storage. i suggest the app "Files by Google" to help you clear your space,
or just go onto play store>my apps and games > manage storage, there you can see what's using up your space
kiwi43
Journeyman
Options

It´s photos I would like to transfer over to a new card. I believe it would free quite a lot of space.  ???

Thank you for the tips, I will look at them.  But, at the moment it´s not possible to add any app. 

0 Likes
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
yeah it will free up alot of space, i use an SD card since i have 40GB+ photos and videos and its worth it!
shifty1
Apprentice
Options
Bear in mind apps are stored on you device ram, move them to the sd card but be warned, when they get updates you'll need to move them again as the default install is to the local device not the sd card
kiwi43
Journeyman
Options

That´s great!

0 Likes
kiwi43
Journeyman
Options

I take your warning. It means, before I accept an update I move it from SD-card, and back there after the update??

0 Likes
kiwi43
Journeyman
Options

Be warned, I am 77 so I might need to come back!

0 Likes
shifty1
Apprentice
Options
no, just update and then move it :smiling-face:
shifty1
Apprentice
Options
no problem
0 Likes